Mrs Weasley and I had a stare-off, until she dropped her gaze and returned to a casual tone. "My mistake, it must have fallen out. Well, since you're all hanging around, you don't mind helping with wedding preparations?"

"Uh, no...?" I trailed off, confused at the conversation change.

"Sweet of you," she replied, and she smiled as she left the wash room.

From that moment on, Mrs Weasley kept Harry, Ron, Hermione and me so busy, I barely saw them. I suppose she wanted us so distracted we wouldn't have time to talk and stragegise about leaving.

"She thinks if she can stop the four of you planning, she can delay you from leaving." Gennie said in a quiet tone as I helped her lay the table for dinner on the third night.

It was different for Gennie and Cole; they weren't harassed with chores every hour of the day. As far to Mrs Weasley's knowledge, they were heading back to school, which wasn't the case at all—they were off on a mission for Sam.

"It'd be different for you if she knew you and Cole were leaving too." I said grumpily, angrily throwing cutlery down.

"Shut up, my dad and Tonks could appear any moment," Gennie hissed, looking around anxiously. "Only you four and Sam—rest in peace—know about this, and I'd like to keep it that way."

"Seriously, what does she think is going to happen? Somebody else will kill Voldemort while we're here making origami birds?" I shook my head, almost stabbing myself in the hand with a knife.

The kitchen was so crowded that evening it was difficult to even eat. I was crammed next to Hollie, who was sullen and silent, as she usually was these days. I had barely gotten the chance to see how she was after the death of Mark, but it was clear she wasn't taking it well at all.

"No news about Mad-Eye?" Harry asked Bill.

"Nothing," replied Bill with a sigh.

We hadn't even been able to have a funeral for Moody, because Bill and Remus had failed to recover his body.

"The Daily Prophet hasn't said a word about him dying or about finding the body," Bill went on. "But that doesn't mean much. It's keeping a lot quiet these days."

"And they still haven't called a hearing about all the underage magic I used escaping the Death Eaters?" Harry called across the table to Mr. Weasley, who shook his head.

"Because they know I had no choice or because they don't want me to tell the world Voldemort attacked me?"

"The latter, I think. Scrimgeour doesn't want to admit that You-Know-Who is as powerful as he is, nor that Azkaban's seen a mass breakout."

"It's world war two all over again." Lacey sighed, clearly thinking back to her history lessons as she tried and failed to eat her own food and give a restless Maia her bottle.

"Isn't anyone at the Ministry prepared to stand up to him?" asked Ron angrily.

"Ron, people are practically pissing themselves daily, that's how scared they are." Cole said through a mouthful of mashed potatoes. "My mother—she's on the department of internal magic cooperation—says it's mental in there. People aren't talking to each other, they're afraid they'll disappear, or their children will be attacked. If they stand up to the people pulling the strings, they could risk death—or worse."

"I just hope Scrimgeour has a plan." Mr Weasley said darkly.

There was a silence as Mrs Weasley sent the empty plates away.

"We must decide 'ow you will both be disguised." Fleur said to me and Harry, after everybody had dessert. "For ze wedding— We cannot guarantee zey won't let something slip after champagne."