.ೃ࿐ Chapter 1 ✧.*

"Good morning, my lady."

You nodded toward Keqing, feeling extremely tired even after just waking up. You looked like a mess after crying into your pillow all night.

"Would you like some tea..?" She noticed the little bags under your eyes as you yawned, nodding again in confirmation.

"I'll get you some then, also, I'm sure he's a nice guy."

This cheered you up a bit, a nice prince that was to marry you is better than a rude and brash one.

"Thank you..."

The moment the door closed, you slowly got out of bed, slipping on your slippers and dragging your feet along the tiled flooring to the bathroom. You almost scared yourself in the mirror with the mess of hair and how pale you looked. Hell, your eyes were all puffy and you looked like something right out of a horror series.

"Why was a born this way?" You sighed, chuckling to yourself before you continued your business.

Keqing came back, setting down the tea set on the little coffee table in your room next to the couches. She pulled out a day dress for you so you could go downstairs to breakfast once again to see your parents.

"Greetings."

"Hey."

"The blue one this time?"

"Well, I thought it would suit your mood at the moment."

"I'm not that sad right now."

"Cried it all out?"

Keqing smiled sadly trying to joke around made you feel even more better as you smiled back.

"Yep, but hey, you made some progress just now. I enjoy conversations like this."

"How do you mean?"

"And now you're back to your formal demeanor..." You sighed, jokingly, causing Keqing to giggle behind her hand.

You helped yourself into the dress as Keqing did your hair. She noticed you took our the hairpins last time so she made it more simple.

"Thanks."

"Of course! You look beautiful by the way, with the hairpins and what-not."

You hugged her out of no where, startling the maid before she hugged you back.

"Thanks for making my day less depressing."

"You're my friend after all."

You hugged her tighter at how she remembered you calling her such. Eventually letting go, you waved her off as you headed down the hallway, heels staying on as you strutted the familiar corridors.

You were feeling more confident, more badass, if you may. You weren't going to let some dude ruin your day if he wasn't even here. Hell, you'd learn more about his arrival tomorrow when he even gets here. For now, you'll just have to survive breakfast, lunch, and dinner with your parents.

When you finally took your seat next to your mother, a sweet smile enveloped your entire being as your mother greeted you.

She ignored the signs of exhaustion on your face but loved the confidence you were radiating.

"What's got you in a good mood?"

"Oh nothing. Just woke up nicely I guess."

She nodded, taking that as you'd prefer not to tell her as your father spoke up.

"So little lady."

"Dad."

"For his arrival, him being a prince and all, we will be hosting a dinner party, which will be right when he should arrive."