𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐎𝐧𝐞 ✧ 𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝐓𝐰𝐨

Start from the beginning

A small puff of air brushed her hair from her face as the dragon huffed. She turned to it and that's when she was truly able to take in all of it's glory.

The dragon was white, but it was more than that. It's scales were blemishless and glistening like pearls in the moonlight. It's claws were a smooth gold and it's eyes were like grass, green and full of life.

She noticed the symbol on the dragon's head square between it's eyes. The symbol of jupiter. ♃ it was laid in gold. Asling reached out and hand and the dragon bowed to her.

Her fingers slowly touched the smooth hide of it's forehead and she felt a shock touch her fingers. A creature like this was supposed to be a myth. Extinguished, like a flame in the wind. But here it was.

She could feel the dragon tattoo on her back burning as she met her spirit animal.

"Zeta."

She said softly. She could feel a connection blooming between them and the dragon's name was revealed to her slowly, unraveling like a blooming flower in the spring.

"Zeta."

✧*~☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ - .*☆

"So this girl,"

Dr. Mills looked up from her clipboard to Steve, once again peering over her reading glasses,

"You say she was a magical apprentice from another dimension?" She asked.

"Yeah." Steve replied and Dr. Mills nodded before adding something to her notes

"You don't sound too surprised." Steve said. Dr. Mills smiled. "Mr. Harrington you need to understand." She said, "I started my therapist journey at Pinehurst mental asylum just north of here. I heard people tell me all sorts of things, journeys to another world, monsters looming in the darkness, unicorns just around the corner, flying tablespoons of butter. I was even the therapist of a Mr. Victor Kreel himself when he was convicted of his family's murder on the terms of instanity. Really, Steve, I've heard it all."

"So you just think I'm crazy?" Steve asked flatly. "I didn't say that, did i?" Steve hesitated.

"Go on, Mr. Harrington. Tell me more about the girl from another dimension." "Her name is Asling." "Then tell me more about miss Asling, Mr. Harrington."

✧*~☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ - .*☆

Zeta looked at Asling and without warning the dragon scooped her up on it's back.

"Woah!"

she said in surprise. She tried to grip the dragon's shoulders but the scales were so smooth there was nothing for her to hold on to and the dragon spread it's wings and soared into the air.

She ended up reaching for the dragon's curled horns that were like waning crescents with tufts of yellow hair curling around them. She didn't have the best grip on them but it was better than nothing.

She held tight as Zeta flew through the darkness, the wind waving through Asling's hair was a welcome new sensation.

She noticed the dragon's body began to glow softly with a hue of blue, or perhaps it was just the lighting she wasn't quite sure. But as the dragon flew the blue became more vibrant. It was not a reflection of the light.

Without warning Zeta emitted a powerful beam of light that shot forward and circled into a glowing ring, much like that of Asling's master Kierran when he would use his magick to create portals.

But this was more raw more real. It felt pure. The dragon stopped suddenly in the air and Asling felt herself slide off, loosing her grip on it's horns. She screamed in fear as she fell through the air and through the portal of Magick, once again sending her back to Hawkins. She watched as Zeta vanished from her sight and wondered if she would ever see her again.

✧*~☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ - .*☆

"So now what? You're gonna officially declare me insane and lock me away with medication that turns my brain into mush?"

Steve asked once he had finished telling Dr. Mills absolutely everything. The blonde looked up from her clipboard and raised a brow as she peered back at the brunette boy across from her.

"My first prescription for you, Mr. Harrington, will be to stop watching so much nonsense on your television set." She said flatly before adding a period to a sentence she was writing on her clipboard.

"What?" Steve asked. "Honestly, Steve, is that really what you thought I was going to do? You're not insane.  I would know. I've seen crazy, I've diagnosed crazy, but you are far from it." she said.

"You don't think I'm insane?" "No." Dr. Mills replied. "A little touched and a little slow, maybe, but not insane." she said before finally putting her clipboard aside, folding her hands in her lap, and looking at Steve.

"You know what I think, Steve?" He didn't answer, he just looked back at her. "I think there's a reason you came to see me today. Call it what you will, whether that's a friend forcing you here today or a bit of your conscience finally fighting back to gain a little bit of free speech, but you came here today of your own free will. I think you have admitted to yourself, even if it's just the tiniest bit, that you need help."

"I don't need-" "stop. That mindset right there is one that could keep you out of my office." Steve became suddenly quiet. "I want you going for thirty minute to hour long walks every day to help clear your mind." She said. "And try some hobbies too." "are you serious?" "Yes. I want you back here next week at the same time, then we will discuss further steps."