Chapter 37. The beginning of crustal movement

Start from the beginning

  Living in someone else's house is always uncomfortable, after lunch, Tian Yuerong politely refused Jiang's mother's enthusiasm to stay, and brought Dabai to Jiang Yichen's displeasure. She was willing to send it back to her own villa. Before leaving, she left a lot of delicious supplies for Jiang's mother, including chicken, duck, fish, meat and vegetables. Anyway, according to the current temperature, there is no need to worry about the food going bad, which scared Jiang's mother Dumbfounded, he kept shouting "Enough is enough", worried that this solid-eyed girl would emptied the space and leave her with no food, and repeatedly winked at her son to tell her not to take any more, while Jiang Yichen covered his mouth and laughed happily. Rongrong has really accepted his father and mother, he knows that his family is so easy to get along with, and Rongrong doesn't really trust people so easily,

but both of them look at him Show mutual favor and accept each other on the face of each other. There was no one there for a few days, and there was a lot of dust in the villa's room. Anyway, she was fine. Tian Yuerong decided to clean up by herself, and Jiang Yichen also wanted to stay and help, but the buzzing notification from the communicator made him go back quickly. , Tian Yuerong hurriedly urged him to leave. Her tasks of wiping the table and sweeping the floor were no more important than those of the base, and she couldn't afford to delay them.

  In the meeting room of the military headquarters of the base, all the upper-level leaders are sitting upright at this moment, with serious faces, as if they are facing a big enemy. Jiang Yichen rushed to see this scene and felt that something big happened. Very serious.

  "Since everyone is here, the meeting will officially start." Chief of Staff Yang stood up and announced.

  Jiang Yizhan turned on the projector, and a not-so-clear mountain photo appeared on the big screen on the wall. Everyone was puzzled, and why there was so little green vegetation in this mountain area? Could it be that people destroyed the ecological balance on a large scale before the end of the world? Cut down all the trees? But what does the research institute use such a photo to explain? And let us protect the plants? Please, they are the ones who will not let us go now! Think about the humans who were killed and injured by those mutated plants!

  "This is?"

  "Isn't this the back mountain of the base? It doesn't look like it?"

  "Why did you show us this photo?"

  "Didn't the research institute say that there was a major discovery? Did it happen in a mountainous area?"

  Everyone whispered in twos and threes, speculating with each other in front of a satellite photo that was not very clear, Jiang Yichen stared at this photo and didn't understand what he expected, and suddenly remembered that he and Tian Yuerong went back to the base before the snow fell I was lost on the road for a short time, but the terrain that should be flat suddenly arched a small hill. Thinking of this, he raised his head and looked at his elder brother, with panic and relief in his eyes. Finally, he came, after facing nature. When angry, the ingenuity that human beings are proud of will be useless.

  Jiang Yizhan was gratified by his younger brother's quick insight into the truth of the matter, and said in a low voice, "Everyone, this photo was taken by our research institute with the newly deciphered DM28 satellite of country M. Philadelphia, just yesterday at 6 o'clock in the afternoon it arched from the ground and turned into a big mountain. Before the meeting started, this movement has not stopped." Selectively paused, and waited for the big guy to adapt to the explosive news before returning Then he said, "The research institute is paying close attention, but due to the instability of the satellite signal, it is intermittent, so the images received are not continuous, and it is impossible to know the specific trend of its changes, only a rough analysis."

  As Jiang Yizhan's voice ended, the meeting room was silent at first. Big guys, look at me and I look at you. The eyes of the usually serious and expressionless generals of the base burst out with a strong sense of disbelief. The base is studying the movement of the earth's crust, but no one can imagine that a city can become a mountain in just one day. Is this a myth and novel? Is this a magical world? Not according to the book, the earth's crust moves Was it formed little by little over a long period of hundreds of millions of years? What's wrong with this kind of transformation in a second! Dozens of pairs of eyes are staring at Jiang Yizhan and his son. The research institute should have a corresponding method? Will our place also become a mountain? Could it be our base next? Damn, it happened when we were sleeping at night It’s still daytime?

  Uncle Jiang is better. After all, Jiang is old and hot, and he is still very resistant to this kind of eye cannon. Jiang Yizhan can’t stand it anymore. He’s just a researcher. Okay, he’s just a researcher. A scholar who has no strength to restrain the chicken, well, this kind of crustal problem is not his research topic at all, well, he just made a guest speaker temporarily, well, why don't my uncle and brother come to the rescue!

  Jiang Yichen was scalded by his elder brother's scorching eyes. Why did his elder brother make this very serious topic sad, so he had to step forward and ask, "Uncle, does this mean that the crustal movement has started on a large scale? What will happen?" Will it affect us?"

  Following Jiang Yichen's words, everyone's eyes fell on Jiang Zhenguo, Jiang Zhenguo was expressionless on the surface, but he was slandering in his heart, "Old Li knew this would happen, so he didn't come!" Thinking of before coming , Mr. Li said meaningfully, "Zhen Guo, you are Commander Jiang's elder brother. This news is most suitable for you! I just do research, and I really can't make it to the big stage!" Are the exaggerated expressions of the generals of these military departments holding a performance meeting now? Or they said, "Yes, this is indeed a verification of Mr. Li's prediction some time ago, and a large-scale movement of the earth's crust has begun. Although this movement It will last for three years, but it will only be more frequent in the next three months, and it will slowly dissipate after three months, which also means that this will completely overturn all our previous understanding of the world, and the new environment will bring New species, new geography will bring a new climate, and the earth will start a new journey!" Just thinking about it makes him feel excited, as a qualified and outstanding researcher, all new and unknown things can stimulate his research enthusiasm.

  Corresponding to his enthusiasm for research is the strong resentment of other people participating in the meeting,

  "I want to swear, damn it, this is still killing people!"

  "That's right, isn't this just sitting and waiting to die?"

  "New species, oh my god, aren't those new species now?" "   Can

  you predict where there is movement and where there is no movement?

  "

After venting the negative emotions, he stood up and concluded, "Old Li and his assistants have been studying the movement of the earth's crust since before the end of the world. Because this movement will affect the whole world, they named it the Wrath of the Earth Mother, but according to them Judging from the currently deduced data, the core of this anger is in the southern hemisphere and the bipolar regions. That is to say, although our country of China is in Bonai, the frequency and intensity are relatively much smaller. In layman's terms, it is equivalent to a magnitude 10 earthquake The difference from the magnitude 4 earthquake, and our western base will be one of the bases that received the least intensity in this Wrath of the Earth Mother. According to Mr. Li, the reason why he came here before the end of the world was to detect the western continent. Plates are the strongest, and the crustal extrusion hundreds of millions of years ago made our underground continental structure very solid, dozens of times harder than the best titanium alloy in the world, so everyone can rest assured, but the next three months will still be very solid. Be more careful, the Ministry of Security must strengthen patrols and investigations at night and during the day, and report any abnormalities as soon as possible!"

  Commander Jiang's words completely dispelled the last bit of panic in everyone's hearts. I feel quite strange watching it from the shore alone. The western base is really a blessed place. There are blessed generals like Jiang Junchang and his son, and blessed people like Li Lao from the research institute. Everyone works together to build it well. Western bases feel sorry for God.

  Then, everyone had a heated discussion about the work of the base in the next three years, and formulated new rules and task assignments.