Aconite

Gathering her senses Izumi decided to press on. Mei is dead and she needs justice for her death, she also told her to help find her body so she must. For her.

Flashback

"Jeez... where is it", Izumi mumbled looking around the bathroom. Her spare scrunchie was missing and it's a pain to get another one.

"Uh.... excuse me", Izumi turned to see a girl with short, dark blue hair and grey eyes. She was holding out her spare scrunchie. "I found this... i-is it yours?"

"Oh my gosh, thanks!" Izumi smiled and grabbed it. "I'm Izumi Buyohino, what's yours?"

"I'm Mei Aishiteru..." the girl said. "I know, its a strange last name.."

"Oh no, I don't think so", Izumi assured her. "My last name literally means dancing sun field. But anyways, I really must thank you! Do you have plans later? I know this really good dessert spot!"

"O-oh, you don't have to...", Mei shyly said.

"I don't mind!" Izumi said. "I also want to know you, you seem really nice."

Flashback end

Izumi sighed remembering how they met, such a bittersweet memory right now. But it's not the time for mourning, Mei needs her help and she made it her mission to find out what happened to Mei.

Taking out a stun baton, courtesy of Kogane, she ventured out of the bathroom and stopped. What the hell? The hallway looks like it came out of a horror flick! Though, considering the crazy stuff at her school this seems not out of place...

From what Maria's (questionable) knowledge of the supernatural and unusual incidents, sometimes a ghost's power depends on the hate it has or the blood they spilled. Mei hasn't really caused anything until now, she kept tabs on any incidents, so what exactly cause Mei to act as of now? Did she build up power? Whatever it be, she'll find out.

Izumi looked carefully around, it was sickening seeing corpses littered around the hallway. Luckily she hasn't encountered any sort of monster or evil spirit so that was a bit lucky-

"Oof!" Izumi crashed into someone.

"Izumi?" Izumi looked up to see two familiar faces.

Kuro Mirai, she remembers him hanging out with Mei

Kuro Mirai, she remembers him hanging out with Mei. She always saw them as siblings looking out for each other.

Shouta Yamazaki, a popular but perverted boy who had a bad habit of bringing porn magazines to school

Shouta Yamazaki, a popular but perverted boy who had a bad habit of bringing porn magazines to school. Honestly, she would like him if he didn't try to look up her skirt.

"You two...", Izumi said.

"Hey~ good to see you and your short skirt again", Shouta greeted.

"Hello to you too" Izumi said in a dead tone. "What happened?"

"Mei", Kuro said. "She's dead and her body parts are scattered around the school. We need to appease her by putting it back together."

"I see..." Izumi trailed. "But... if she's vengeful wouldn't that mean she'll go after the people who hurt her?"

"You're right", Shouta said. "There's Maki and Erika, and then there's Yamada. I'm certain they're running around from all this."

"Well, I'm gonna go now. I have a mission!" Izumi said in a determined tone.

"Mission?" Kuro questioned.

"I'm going to solve the mystery behind Mei's death", Izumi explained. "She's my friend... I wanted to find the truth so I snuck in. This school has skeletons in the closet, so I'm set to find it."

"Wait, since when were you her friend?" Kuro skeptically asked.

"A bit after my transfer here", Izumi answered. "We hang out after school, she didn't want me to be targeted."

It was true. Mei worried that Maki would bully her if she ever found out, and they both were in different classes so she really couldn't do anything even if she could.

Kuro stared at her before averting his gaze. She can tell that he doesn't trust her, then again there wasn't much she could do for Mei when she was alive.

"Well since we both want to appease Mei, we can go together", he said.

Izumi nodded. As much as she wanted to go solo, getting help is very much appreciated in times like this.

Who knows what you'll encounter.

A/n:
Aconite- caution

So in this, there's a reason why Izumi views Kuro and Mei's relationship as siblings later on.

Writing is not my best forte, I'm tempted to just draw it comic wise but I am still a novice in digital.