"It. Is. Nice. To. Meet. You. Ka-ia." Lo'ak speaks in english, pausing and overpronouncing words like she was foreign to the language.

"Lo'ak, you know I speak Na'vi, too." She responds in the Na'vi's native tongue.

"I know, just checking." He shrugs.

Meanwhile, Neteyam can barely contain his smile. Seeing the girl he likes as his own species was something he believed was a miracle.

"Come! We must show you around." Kiri excitedly tells Kaia as she takes her hand and leads her through the trees.

"Are you sure, Kiri? I don't think I am fit to-"

"You're right. You're not." Spider suddenly appeared, anger visible in his eyes.

"Spider... you know I would give up being an avatar if it meant being able to give this opportunity to you." Kaia says, scanning her own body with her eyes. "This is for science. They're still learning."

"Sure, Kaia. C'mon Kiri, Tuk is looking for you." Spider announces, completely ignoring Kaia's sentiments.

"But I was trying to show Kaia our nature." Kiri responds.

"Tuk needs you, Kiri. She got hurt." Spider explains.

"Really? What happened?" Neteyam quickly asks.

"She tripped and scraped her knee. Jake is looking for Lo'ak because he had given him the responsibility to watch over Tuk. Yet you all came here to witness avatar birth."

"Shit." Lo'ak whispers under his breath, earning death glares from Neteyam and Kiri.

"Why did dad give you the responsibility to watch over Tuk? And why didn't you bring her with you?" Kiri asked Lo'ak as she smacked his head.

"I was the only one around and I didn't want to bring her because she doesn't know about Kaia turning into an avatar and I wanted it to be a surprise. I thought leaving her with Spider would be okay."

"You were wrong, Lo'ak. She's about three inches smaller than me, but man she can run." Spider says, almost lightening up the mood.

"We must go then, Lo'ak. I'm so sorry, Kaia." Kiri bows her head slightly in embarrassment but walks up to Spider's side.

"I'll show her, then." Neteyam declares, trying not to seem to proud about the fact. He was ecstatic, this was just what he needed to get to know her better.

"Alright. We'll meet up with you guys later. Well, if dad doesn't ground me." Lo'ak says before saluting and leaving with Spider and Kiri.

This left Neteyam and Kaia alone in the forest.

"So, is there anything you would like to see first?" Neteyam questions, trying to see Kaia's specific interests of Pandora.

"I love the plants here, I would love to see more of those- as long as we're not in danger."

"We should leave that for eclipse. They look their best in the dark." He says as he begins walking, urging Kaia to follow closely behind.

"I was actually hoping not to be out here at night." Kaia sighs.

Neteyam gives her a confused expression. "Why are you so afraid? I can protect you."

"I barely know you, Neteyam. How do I know if I can trust you or not?" Kaia asks, crossing her arms and sassing the young Na'vi.

"Fair enough." He sighs, looking for a way to turn this around. An idea pops in his head, which makes a smile spread on his face. "How about a trust exercise?"