Chapter 2 A Cai

Zhou Du walked around this completely unfamiliar mountain forest with a bow and arrow on his back, confirming a fact extremely.

This is not Fenling, and it is not even the world he is familiar with.

In the world he lives in, the sky will not be so blue, and the trees will not be so vast, so vast that there is no trace of modernity at all.

Zhou Du found an open place, picked up some dead branches and leaves, lit them, and made a simple distress signal. After waiting for a while, it may have been as long as a century.

In the end Zhou Du gave up.

He clearly knew in his heart that this was no longer the world he was in, so why bother to do these useless efforts.

All his efforts and inner expectations were nothing but a joke.

Zhou Du pursed his lips, watched indifferently with the dark and deep pupils of the last trace of fireworks on the ground, stood up, and left this place.

Now that it was close to sunset, he found the south according to the direction of the sunset, and headed south all the way.

The further south you go, the more lush the vegetation, which means the greater the living space, and of course the greater the danger.

Wearing an orange search and rescue suit, Zhou Du cautiously shuttled through the mountains and forests. Whenever the rustling sound of leaves came into his ears, he would draw his bow and arrow without hesitation.

The arrow pierced through the dense vegetation and shot through the poisonous snake lurking in the dark. The poisonous snake convulsed and curled up a few times in pain, and finally lost its life.

Zhou Du walked over, took off the arrow nailed seven inches from the poisonous snake, and continued walking without even looking at the dead snake on the ground.

At this moment, he was already carrying seven or eight blood-stained arrows, and the quiver on his back was only twenty arrows in total. If he couldn't find a habitat before the dark night, it would be dangerous.

Zhou Du frowned, pushed aside the vegetation in front of him, and found a trickling stream.

He observed around the creek for a while and saw the footprints of many animals. Then he washed his hands, scooped up a handful of water, and moistened his lips.

By the way, he washed his face, and the cool water touched his cheeks, quickly waking up Zhou Du's slightly confused head.

He scooped up water to wash off the blood on the arrows little by little, put all the arrows back into the quiver, got up and shook the water drops from the hair on his forehead, and continued walking south along the stream.

The sun in the sky had already hidden in the clouds, leaving only an orange-red outline, which dyed the earth with a layer of hazy yellow.

Zhou Du wiped the sweat from his neck, walked aimlessly, and finally found a small mountain village glowing with firefly lights when the sun disappeared and the night unfolded a scroll of stars.

The always indifferent face was ignited with joy in the dark night, even if it flashed like a meteor, it was enough to amaze the world.

Zhou Du didn't go down the mountain blindly, but found an open place nearby, found some dry branches with Yuehui, and lit a cluster of fires.

Sitting by the fire, Zhou Du closed his eyes, silently watching the fireworks gradually rising from the bottom of the mountain. He climbed his palm to his left abdomen and rubbed it gently a few times.

"Cuckoo, cluck, cluck."

Suddenly, two pheasants crowed from the woods not far away, which was very clear in the silent mountain forest where only the sound of flames was left.

Zhou Du only listened for a moment, and the bow and arrows were in his hands.

With a sound of "swish", the arrow pierced through the night and shot straight out like a meteor falling.

A lively and playful pheasant is shuttled carefree among the mountains and forests. Before knowing what happened, an arrow with a sharp arrowhead passed through its body, pinning it to the ground and immobilizing it. .

Do not rest in peace.

Zhou Du walked over, picked up the pheasant together with the arrow, went to the fire, and tried to pluck its hair.

After walking for a day, his stomach was hungry, and he almost exhausted all his strength to pluck the feathers from the pheasant, but he couldn't pull out the rest of the fluff.

He also had the car keys and the keys to the house with him. A nail clipper and a jackknife hung from the keys. He cut the belly of the chicken with the jackknife, cleaned the inside, and took it to the stream to clean it for a while. Fan.

Then I found a branch and washed it, sharpened the branch, put a pheasant on a skewer, and roasted it on the fire, trying to use the fire to roast the fluff off the pheasant, and by the way, it can be cooked.

At the beginning, it was indeed as he expected. Once the fluff touched the flames, it melted quickly and finally turned into focal points attached to the pheasant. Not to mention a beautiful pheasant turned into a burnt chicken. Gao, the dead branch inserted into the scorched chicken gradually couldn't withstand the high temperature of the flame, and broke off with a crisp "creak", and the scorched chicken fell completely into the flames.

When Zhou Du pulled it out from the flames, it was charred into coals, covered with a lot of ash and mud, and there was not even a place to clean it.

Zhou Du gave up the idea of ​​continuing to toss, and moved the fire to the other side of the open space. After the remaining sparks in the ashes were all cooled, he found some hay to spread on it, and lay down with his clothes on.

After staring at the bright galaxy that he hadn't seen for many years, he twitched the corners of his lips almost inaudibly, crossed his arms, closed his eyes slowly, and took a light sleep.

...

As the bright moon hung high, the dim lights at the foot of the mountain were gradually extinguished. Only one family was neatly tidied up, and the lights were still brightly lit in the farmer's house, which was not as beautiful as a small farmyard.

"Xiaoxi, the apricot blossoms and the peach blossoms are thriving. They are fighting again. You can help auntie."

"Xiaoxi, this pot is steaming. Do you want to add fire or remove it?"

"Xiaoxi, this radish Cut into shreds or into strips."

"Xiaoxi, your little uncle is looking for you."

"Xiaoxi..."

A person named Xiaoxi was chattering in the courtyard, making it seem that the small courtyard was very lively. When he came out, he was born with red lips and white teeth, eyes like stars, wearing simple farm clothes, and his eyebrows and eyes were curved when he smiled, bright and unobtrusive.

"Aunt Li, don't shred the radishes into strips. Remove the heat from the pot when it

's steaming , and leave the remaining warmth of the charcoal fire to keep warm." Then you won't be able to eat the cubs."

Shen Xi cleared his throat, and solved them one by one in an orderly manner, and after a short while, the noisy small courtyard became quiet in an instant.

Even a few children who were fighting, stopped their hands in an instant, sobbing softly.

"Why are you fighting?"

Shen Xi strolled forward, squatted down, wiped off the tears hanging from the faces of these children with a handkerchief, and helped them clean the dust on their faces.

"Brother Xiaoxi, Xingwang dismantled the grasshopper you made up for us. I beat him because I was angry with Taohua."

Xingwang stared straight at Xinghua, who was the first to complain, and denied, "That's not true, Xinghua and Taohua told me to play, but they came to snatch it after I played for a while, and it was in the middle...torn. "

Obviously you broke it." Taohua retorted persistently.

"If you hadn't come to grab it, I wouldn't have torn it apart." Xingwang scratched his neck, refusing to admit his mistake.

...

Seeing that these radish dices were about to fight again, Shen Xi stretched out his palm and patted each radish diced on the head a few times, stopping them in time.

"All of you are at fault. You should not have fulfilled your promise to Xingwang to snatch the apricot and peach blossoms. You are also at fault for Xingwang. Since the grasshopper belongs to the apricot and peach blossoms, you shouldn't take them and refuse to return them. "The

faces of several children drooped unconsciously when Shen Xi bluntly pointed out their mistakes.

Shen Xi rubbed their little heads with a smile, "Since you know your mistakes, you have to correct them."

Xinghua and Taohua looked at each other, turned their eyes to Xingwang, their faces were hot red, and they bent slightly , "Xingwang, I'm sorry, we shouldn't have grabbed grasshoppers with you."

Xingwang waved his hands again and again, "No, no, I was also at fault, and it was because I held my hands tightly that I didn't hand it over, so I broke it."

Seeing that they both admitted their mistakes , Shen Xi said again, "You are all good children who know their mistakes and can correct them. Good children are rewarded." The

eyes of the three children lit up at the same time, and they quickly forgot the unhappiness just now, looking at Shen Xi with anticipation look.

Shen Xi took out a few green palm leaves from his bosom, folded and shuttled them a few times with his hands, and after a while, three lifelike grasshoppers appeared in Shen Xi's hands.

"One per person." Shen Xi handed three identical grasshoppers to the three of them, and after coaxing the children, he got up and walked towards the other end of the yard.

"It's still Xiaoxi who is patient and has a way." Li Su, who was helping from the side, was relieved to see the children at home obediently stop making noise.

Shen Xi pushed open the half-closed door of the guest room, and greeted the group of people sitting inside one by one, "Aunt Wang, Brother Da Zhuang, and Uncle."

"Xiao Xi is done with work, come and drink some water." Wang As soon as Mei saw Shen Xi coming in, she immediately poured him a glass of water.

"Thank you, Aunt Wang." Shen Xi took the water, thanked him politely, drank the water shallowly, followed Shen Mu who was sitting by the window, and asked, "Little uncle called me for something."

Shen Mu gently Taking the teacup Shen Xi drank and putting it down, he said warmly, "It's not that you will be eighteen tomorrow, and your Aunt Wang came here specially to ask you whether you want to find a man or a woman to start a family, so that she can help you meet him."

"..." Shen Xi thought to himself, I don't want to start a family yet, but he also knows that in such a situation, he can't refute the kindness of others. After all, both children are looking for marriage when they reach eighteen. As a matchmaker, Aunt Wang can be active. In common sense.

"Xiaoxi, don't be shy, you have to go through this life at this age, you can tell your aunt what you want, and I will promise you to choose one that you are satisfied with." Seeing Shen Xi's silence, Wang Mei smiled immediately Yingying authentic.

Shen Xi gave her a smile back, and met Wang Dazhuang who was standing next to her with a naive smile, secretly lowered his eyes, and said slowly, "Aunt Wang, I want to find a girl to start a family, so that it will be easier to take care of my little one in the future." Uncle."

After Shen Xi finished speaking, it was obvious that Wang Mei and Wang Dazhuang's faces froze.

Fortunately, Wang Mei just froze for a moment, and immediately reacted, and replied with a smile, "It's rare that Xiaoxi has such filial piety, Dr. Shen, you will enjoy the blessings in the future."

Shen Mu's gaze wandered around Shen Xi's body, smiled at her, and did not answer.

"Then please leave to Aunt Wang, I have to go find my family A Cai, it's already this hour, why haven't you come back yet?" Seeing that Wang Mei wanted to say something to him, Shen Xi lost a reason and left with a wink .

As soon as he went out, he searched in the yard, and the big red and green wild rooster he picked up was really gone.