☮︎

marley swam around for about twenty minutes before looking back at the house and noticing two cars parked. which was strange because she didn't remember anyone saying they were stopping by. so reluctantly the girl got out of the water and through on her shoes and collected her things.

walking up on the side of the house she heard faint screaming. naturally her pace forms into a run and she finds two boys on the side of her house; john booker routledge and jj maybank...

"what the hell are y'all doing here?"

she is immediately hushed and pulled to the side of the house by jj. to which she tries to yank her arm away but is restrained. "dude what the fuck let-" he slaps his hand over her mouth.

what was happening? why was her aunt lana screaming inside? why were john b and jj here? why was she being man handling?

eventually the two men ran out of her house and drove away. when john b started creeping up the front steps. jj still had his hand over her mouth and marley didn't know how to get him to let go so she did the only thing she could think.

"ow! why did you bite me!"

☮︎

"aunt lana! are you okay?"
the three rushed in only to find lana sitting on the floor shaking and crying. immediately marley fell to the floor and hugged her. "it's not safe here lee. go." the girl was more confused now then ever. she tried to ask why but lana wouldn't let her finish a sentence. "marley pack a your bags and go." lana sobbed out.

marley ran her room and threw down her suitcase from her closet. then started mafia tossing her room, throwing everything she could in that damn suitcase.  she was so worked up that she didn't notice a particular blonde in her door way. as soon as he saw marley look at him he silently started packing her things. (after giving her a sad little smile)

jj maybank. lee used to be really close with him her freshman year of highschool. the two were practically inseparable. they were always hanging out-watching tv, cleaning the beach, working out. with marley being so close to jj that meant she was also close to the rest of the pogues; john and pope. the four of them were best friends until a certain kook wiggled her way into the group, kiara carrera. marley was extremely skeptical of the girl. mostly because, well kiara was a bitch. a rich chick wanting a taste of both worlds. the two girls had a mutual hate for each other and it came down to a her or me situation. marley refused to let them pick, so she left. just becoming another face at the keggers.

"thanks." everyone was confused why she was still nice to the group. especially after the shit they pulled. but, she decided to forgive. one thing everyone knew about marley perth was that she hated holding grudges.

☮︎

"take the truck and go lee. don't come back it's not safe okay?"

it's not safe? why the fuck was it not safe to be in her own home? why was everything so weird recently. her uncle just drowned and now her house was apparently not safe to live in. was she living in fucking euphoria now?

"lana where the fuck do you expect me to go!" marley spat. she understood her aunt was just concerned about her safety but where the hell did she expect her to go?

silence flooding the room. drowning the four like the sharp waters drowned scooter.

"you can stay with us." john b finally cut the silence. marley turned around from where she was squatting in front of lana. then she began rambling on about how he didn't need to do that and she could find somewhere.

"lee just shut up." jj grabbed her arm lightly but with enough force to pull her up. john then grabbed one of her suitcases and the blonde snatched up the other one. "i love you baby! remember she will protect us." lana sobbed out while they walked out.

marley wasn't crying though. not anymore. this wouldn't, couldn't be the last time she saw her aunt. she was trying to think of it as a vacation, not practically moving out into her ex bestfriends house...

the three made it outside when the two boys stopped. john threw jj the keys to her uncles truck. marley furrowed her brows in confusion, while she had two questions on her mind;how they got his keys and why jj had them. "i'll follow you bro." jay shouted while getting into the drivers seat of the scraped up blue truck, not before throwing the two suitcases into the bed. john nodded and jumped into the twinkie already driving off. leaving the perth girl just standing there. "get in. i knew you wouldn't want to drive this thing." marley smiled and climbed into the passenger. he remembered.

"jj i can't drive her home. get pope to."
"lee just drive babe you're the only one sober."
"jay i cant."
"can you not drive or something?"
"no my carbon footprint. this thing is a gas guzzling machine."

☮︎

the ride to the château was silent, a comfortable silence though. except for the radio tuning in and out. the sun beamed through the old, dirty windows leaving a gorgeous shimmer on marley's face. jj couldn't help but sneak glances at her. ones that he thought she couldn't see. (she totally saw them.)

"are you okay?"
"mhm"
"no like seriously."
"i'm okay as i can be in this situation. i mean my house just got tore up by some random ass guys and i just got kicked out." she replied giggling in disbelief.

silence filled the air once again. as they pulled up to the once familiar shack and her new home.

☮︎

☮︎

HOPE SPEAKS:
y'all i'm so sorry i can not get a consistent schedule for shit 😭. hopefully y'all enjoy this though. i feel like everyone might be a little upset that i made marley not like kie, but tbh i hate her so enjoy! leave some suggestions please i'm desperate.

LOVE YALL!!!!!!