Incident Report

From: Dr. William Birkin

Date: 07/25/1998
Subject: Spencer Mansion
Time: 06:07 am
Status: Compromised by T-Virus outbreak/ Destroyed
Survivors: 5?

Report:  In May, there was an "accident" in the lab, and the latest strand of the T-Virus leaked, polluting the entire complex. All inhabitants, which included Umbrella researchers, were infected from the virus and were (due to the viral nature) degraded into zombies. Some who had yet to have fully succumb to the effects of the virus were killed either by suicide, by Umbrella's security team when trying to escape the mansion, or by the B.O.W's that had escaped their confinement.

It was revealed that Queen Leech, posing as Dr. Marcus, was responsible for the t-Virus outbreak that ravaged the mansion as an act of revenge against Oswell Spencer for having him assassinated ten years earlier, thus beginning the events of the Incident.

In July, Some staff members saw this as an opportunity to eliminate Raccoon City's law enforcement, S.T.A.R.S. and at the same time, gain important combat data on the B.O.W.'s running loose in the mansion. There was a scheme to have S.T.A.R.S. members lured into the mansion. It was inevitable that S.T.A.R.S. would investigate the mansion as it was the center of the bizarre cannibalistic murders that took place in the suburbs of Raccoon City. This scheme had unfortunately proved to have had some success as much of S.T.A.R.S. Bravo team division were killed by these B.O.Ws.

The Mansion was later destroyed when surviving S.T.A.R.S. Bravo team member Rebecca Chambers activated the self-destruct sequence. Rebecca managed to escape the complex along with surviving S.T.A.R.S. Alpha Team members Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine, Barry Burton, and Brad Vickers via helicopter before the detonation of the estate.