episode one

EPISODE ONE, " NOTE EXCHANGE"

i consider myself the mastermind of hiding places

i consider myself the mastermind of hiding places. i have multiple for lunch time since i don't like dealing with people. i have the library, bathrooms, and my personal favorite...the art room.

ms. mina is very nice, she's the art teacher and she lets me eat in here.

i sat down near the window, it was a nice day out. i took out my food and snacks, i've been waiting for this all day and i'm starving.

someone knocks on the door, i turn around to see who it is. yelena. she stood there, leaning on the door and for once she isn't glaring. " can i come in?" she asks. my eyes widened, " yeah! it's just me though." i respond.

" im okay with that." she said, sitting next to me. i looked back at my food and started to snack on some twinkies.

it was a comforting silence, the two of us just sat and looked at the window for a couple of short minutes.

yelena quietly slides the notes from yesterday to me. i looked at them dumbfoundedly. she gave them back?

" thank you again." she said softly.

" yeah no problem." i responded. i told myself not to say anything thing else but words spewed out like a busted pipe.

" to be honest i didn't think you were gonna give them back." i nervously laughed.

yelena stared at me, " why's that?"

i looked at her and then took a bite out of my sandwich. " you can say it." she urged.

i gulped down the piece, " well...you have a reputation.."

yelena blinked, " oh come on, i wouldn't bully someone like you."

" someone like me?"

" you're different from the others." she said, turning back to her own food. " you're not weird or annoying like most of the people here. in fact i like how you just mind your own business."

" i'm flattered." i smiled, a little blush coming up to my cheeks.

it was so weird. yelena, the one who NO ONE fucked with was being nice to me. well, at
least my definition of nice.

" do you eat here often?" she asked.

" i switch it up sometimes."

" oh, do you?"

" yeah.-" i start, taking another bite out of my sandwich. " i say i'm the master of hiding."

" god, teach me your ways." she sighed.

" you can be my apprentice."

" i can work with that."

i look at yelena, a big smile on my face. she has a bit of a smile too. i was surprised. yelena usually smiles with zeke, a close friend and maybe her boyfriend.

i looked back at the window, giggling.

lunch was about to be over and i began packing up my stuff. yelena seemed to have the same idea as me and she began to pack her stuff up too.

" hey yelena, why are you still here with me?" i asked, zipping up my bag.

" do you want me to leave?" she asked, looking at me with a soft gaze.

" no,no, it's just...you have your friends right? why me? we just met yesterday, what makes me worth your while?"

yelena zipped her stuff up and put her bag on, " first, i don't do friends. and second..." she paused, seemingly trying to think of what to say.

" you seem like someone worth talking to." she said.

the bell rang and the halls started to grow in sound and in people. yelena looked at the door before turning her gaze back to me.

" are you going to be here tomorrow?"

" yeah."

" great." she said. she walked over to the door, and turned to me one final time. " till tomorrow." she announced as she walked out of ms.mina's art room.