Forever is a Lie (4/4) || 24

Start from the beginning

"of course i would," jungkook frowns at the awkwardness from his brother and glances back at the room, "you know i'd come when you guys need me. when aera needs me, hyung,"

"yeah, no, that's not what i meant," jimin curses at himself, "anyway, she just fell asleep. so let's her give her some rest. i told her to go home with me and haewon for a few days. it'll be better for her,"

"uhm yeah, i guess," jungkook nods, rubbing the back of his neck, "but i think, now that i'm here. you can just let her go with me...? it'll be just us there. jake and clay can visit her whenever they want like this. you don't have to worry, i'll let you know wha—"

"i know that, kook. it's not about that," jimin licks his lips nervously, patting the younger's shoulder, "you have work and you recently started dating. focus on that, i'm here for aera. haewon is here too,"

"what are you saying?" jungkook pulls away, sparing haewon a glance as well, for he fails to understand whatever the elder couple is trying to do, "you sound weird, hyung. it seems like i'm not allowed near, aera. what is all of this about?"

"nothing, kook. we just think you should take care of your relationsh—"

"yeah right, i should carry on with my life like nothing wrong is going on with my sister? is that what you want? give me one reason why," he stares at jimin, watching him struggle again. the thick atmosphere makes haewon sigh as she steps near her husband, giving him an assuring look before turning to jungkook.

jimin tries to stop her but when the younger presses more, claiming that he was going to see aera and ask her himself, haewon stops him, holding his arm in her gentle hold, "i'll tell you. but please know that she's just disturbed with all this, okay?" she says softly, getting a confused look from jungkook, "she talked to kevin and they had an argument after she came to know that he cheated on her. kevin told her that she had no right to accuse him of cheating when her own brother is..." haewon breathes out, nibbling on her lip, opening her mouth to complete the sentence but can't bring herself to do it.

jungkook stares at her, too stunned with that, although he reacts eventually, features hardening with anger, "her brother is what? a cheater? so that gives him the right to fucking cheat on aera?!"

"jungkook, please they were just mad. it was said in the middle of an argument," jimin says, grabbing the younger by his arm, "listen, relax. aera's just stressed out about everything. she—"

"does she think that too? i... i just— i don't know what to tell you. but i swear to god, me and my past relationships have nothing to do with aera. what does that guy think of himself?! he can't just go hurting my sister like this, using my name to make her shut up!"

"sir, please keep it low. there are patients around," a nurse says, stopping by, getting a quick nod from jimin as he mumbles out a sorry to her.

"i know what you're thinking, okay? i'm not blaming for you anything. we know it's not your fault," jimin assures him, making him sit and takes a seat beside him, "aera told me this, crying, jungkook. i couldn't see her like that
and i bet you can't stand seeing her hurting so bad either. she asked me if it really happened because of how you were so causal about your relationships, but i told her no. this is only why i think she needs some time to understand that what kevin did is his own fault, not anybody else's. let her go with me for a few days, alright?"

jungkook groans under his breath, leaning on his knees as he buries his head in his palms, "god... i feel like shit," he mutters in a shaky voice, "i don't want aera to hate me, hyung. i know i've been an asshole to half of the people who ever were a part of my life, but i really love her. nothing is more important for me than my sister, you know it right? an-and if she tells me to break up with sana, i'll do that too. i don't give a fuck about what anyone else thinks, i just—"