Ch 2 - The Bouquet

After spilling the drink on Christian, Ember had avoided him as much as she could. Which had gone successful and the party was about to end.

All the unmarried women had gathered behind Angelina for the most anticipated moment. Ember was the last one to join the crowd, how lucky right.

Angelina lifted the bouquet to indicate that she was about to throw it.

Ember glanced at Jayden, who was amused to see his wife enjoying and then Edward, who looked bored. But Christian was no where in sight.

The women shouted for Angelina to throw it and then she glanced at Ember and gave a thumbs up and shouted to all the females, "Best of Luck!"

All of them cheered then Angelina turned her back to them and held the bouquet in her hands.

Ember rubbed her hands together in anticipation to catch the bouquet. Her heart pounded in her ears. Although she didn't know who and how she would marry, she just knew that she had to get the bouquet. Her father wanted her to get it.

Angelina threw the bouquet in the backward direction and it flew high and Ember saw it coming towards her.

Oh yeah, it was coming to her!

She was excited and extended her hands to catch it. Ember could dream of marriage now. She could see her future with her husband and two children, a girl and a boy. They would live happily and love each other a lot. Her husband--

Suddenly, someone pushed Ember and her dreams aside, making her almost fall on the floor and the bouquet fell to the ground.

She gaped at the bouquet of flowers which she missed. It was evident that the hands which belonged to the man in front of her were the same hands which pushed her aside.

What did the man had to do with the bouquet?

She saw the man lifting the bouquet from ground and grinning widely. She realized why he pushed her.

Christian stood before her, grinning widely and waved the bouquet at her

Christian stood before her, grinning widely and waved the bouquet at her. Some women glared at him and some stared dreamily at him.

'Revenge' was written all over his face. His motive wasn't to ruin the bouquet tradition but to make sure that Ember didn't catch the bouquet.

He tossed the bouquet to the women and they squealed.

People began to leave but she stood at the same place glaring at him. She stomped her foot on the ground and walked towards him.

He stood on his ground and pretended to see other way. She could see that he was aware of her coming, and he ignored her.

"Why?" Ember asked and frowned as fiercely as she could. He continued to ignore and even had the nerve to wave at a man when Ember was standing in front of him.

"Why did you push me, Christian?" She advanced on him.

"I am sorry. Are you talking to me?" He turned to her and raised his eyebrow in shock. What a pretty actor he was. Ember felt like clapping for his skills.

"I am sure you would get a chance at Hollywood, Mr. Reyes. But right now, I am talking to you!" She saw the corner of lips curl a little at her remark then he restrained his smile.

"I see. What were you saying?" He crossed his arms in front of his chest and stood straighter which made him look more taller. Why was he so intimidating? Her palms were getting sweaty and she decided that it was a lost cause to confront him.

"You know what? I wish you will rot in hell. Bye." She said and ran outside. Not knowing why she wasted her time in trying to talk to him, she reached home through a taxi.

Ember barged inside her house and closed the door with a loud 'bang!' on her back. She threw her purse on the couch and walked to the kitchen to take water to drink.

"Ember, what happened?" Her father called out and she turned around to see him walking slowly, towards her.

"Can't you stay at bed? I would have come to you later or sooner." Ember said, concern lacing her voice due to her father's illness.

"I want to hear about the wedding. Did you take pictures? And the bouquet?" He said. How could she have forgotten that her father insisted she get the bouquet this time.

Her face fell and shoulders slumped in defeat. That was enough for her father to know that she hadn't gotten it.

"I had gotten it if-" Ember said.

"It's fine, sweetheart. Show me the pictures, will you?" He said and Ember, smiling, walked him into the living room, making him sit on the couch.

"Here are the pictures and recording. You know what, I recorded each and every important person and it was so natural without anyone posing."

"I am glad you enjoyed yourself." Her father said with a smile. She hooked arm around him and asked,

"How are you feeling now? You told me you were tired in the morning." Ember said with a frown. She couldn't take it as a good sign but she hoped it wasn't a bad thing either.

"Ah, I am good and strong as I was."

"Medicines?"

He nodded and Ember hugged him again and then tugged him to stand up with her. He obeyed and Ember took him to his room.

~~~~~~~~~

Next day, when Ember went to office, she found Edward with a woman.

She suppressed a groan and rolled her eyes. Knocking, she entered Edward's office and the woman smiled at her sweetly.

"Good Morning, boss," Ember said and Edward cringed.

"Good Morning, Ember. How are you?" He asked and the woman tried to get his attention by tugging on his tie.

Ember bit her lip to keep from laughing but Edward was too busy glaring at the woman.

"Ember, I am having some other business today, so you carry on your work and inform me if anything important comes."

Ember knew what business he was talking about, she nodded and said,

"Right, boss."

Edward nodded and left with the woman. After lunch time, Ember received a hasty call from Edward telling her to collect some documents from a friend's office. When Ember was told the name of that friend, she closed her eyes and told herself that she could do it.

She could get those documents from Christian's office, and she breathed deep to keep herself calm.

~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote!