What if | 1

“You better not die,” she sobbed when she tried to stop the bleeding from his bladder. She pressed it hard and tied it. They were both behind the car as Niragi watched them from the other side.

“Of course, I won't. I don't trust you returning back to the real world all by yourself, you being an usual airhead.” Chishiya deserves a literal smack on his head, he does say the most harsh things about you.

“Have you ever met a doctor who's an airhead huh?” (y/n) said before sitting beside him. Contented with what she did, she doesn't have any medical supplies, or even a knife to perform a surgery in an unsanitized road.

“Now, I have.”

“And you should be grateful for that.” she added to his joke, (y/n) never glanced back at him yet she could feel his stares drilling in her soul. Maybe, because if she returned those gaze, she might start crying.

“I thank the world for meeting you,” she said. “Should I thank the world for giving me an airhead to take care of?”

“Maybe, I'm an unique airhead.” She looked at him, she returned those gaze Chishiya kept giving to her. “Unique because I love you.”

“Literal airhead.”

“You know, sometimes, I couldn't get rid some questions, an airhead questions I shouldn't be thinking.” She looked down and observed her own hands stained with dried blood, it wasn't just Chishiya's blood. But also hers, she was shot by the King of Spades in the upper stomach.

“Might as well share it, your brain might not be able to take it.” she tried to flick his arm yet she failed because of her injury.

“What if I didn't spare a glance at you that time at the beach?

Will I forget about your face?

Will I be dead?

How will I met you then?

Will I be able to love you like what I'm doing right now?

What if I forget about you?”

***

It gave him three knocks before Chishiya opened the door. And there, he saw (y/n) reading some papers, maybe it contains some of her patient's information. “Never said you should knock, all you had to do is open that door.”

“It means I respect you.” he retorted yet she didn't pay him any glance as much as he did. “What am I going to do?”

“How about you ask that to yourself? Are you ready to check patients?” she asked him back. A question for a question, this will never end.

“You know, I was one of the people who got struck by that meteor strike. But, I recovered after 4 days.”

“Should I compliment you for that? Or throw a party?” it made his superior laugh. (Y/n) signaled him to sit and pushed a paper. “You're ready to go, it sounds like you're all good.”

“Was that a test?”

“Think of it as personality test, now go and check that kid with a leg injury. He has weak heart, and his parents are still in the monitoring room for comatose.” 

Chishiya was about to leave her office, not until he was stopped by her voice. 

“Call me (L/n),” she tapped her pen. 
(Y/n) noticed how he nodded his head before slowly closing her plain office door. No comment? Fine then.

Calling Chishiya Shuntarō, please head to the surgery room.

He only finished checking the kid's health when they announced his name. Plus, why is it surgery room? Does that mean it was that bad he needs to be there? Or not because they called for a medical student?

He rushed to the room. He saw you in a Personal Protectice Equipment, just like him. “Are you ready, Chishiya? I called you because I want you to help me perform CABG.”

“You mean—”

“Yes, the patient is 87 years old, suffering from Coronary heart disease and thick plaque build up wall in the arteries.” you explained and asked for the nurse to give you the scalpel.

“Leave the room if you're scared.” you mumbled and started opening his chest. Chishiya immediately ran, positioning himself in front of you waiting for your orders. 

You ordered him to do the first step, and you'll take over once the steps started to get complicated. After all, this is still your patient and not his.

As soon as he reaches the heart, a hemorrhage started building up. A massive splatter of blood made everyone jump out of nervousness. Everyone knows what to do. Stop the hemorrhage.

“We need to stop the hemorrhage before starting again,” Chishiya said. As the nurses were about to move to his orders. Your voice cooed around the room.

“Continue the surgery,”

“If we ignore the hemorrhage, it might lead to organ failure—” you stepped in and requested Chishiya to be your assistant. As soon as you continued to remove the plaque in the arteries, the hemorrhage soon stopped.

“If you focused on the hemorrhage, this patient is dead by now. A flat line ringing to all of us.” you threatened and pointed the monitor returning back to normal.

Chishiya never thought of that. He knew Hemorrhage should be stopped, especially in surgeries. However, it didn't turn out just like he thought.

“It is a successful surgery, Chishiya. Sew it again, I believe you'll be able to do it right?” you asked him and switched positions with him again, you watched him do every move.

As soon as he finished sewing, you left the room and soon followed by him. You removed your gloves and mask, you headed to the washing station. 

You looked at him, watching him wash his hand beside you as his blonde hair falls on his shoulders. “How was your first surgery with me today?”

Chishiya looked at you. It was the first time someone amused him, he smiled at you. At his superior. “I think I'll be able to learn a lot from you,”

“Good to know, you better put that in your notes.” you said and started focusing on washing your hands thoroughly.

Chishiya never knew you can make him pay respect to you easily.

“Nice working with you, Chishiya.”
______________________________________

🩺