"Yes please, plus four Screwdrivers and four dry martinis. What would you like darlin?"

"I'll just have a lime and soda please." She asked with a knowing look at Austin.  "I'm proud of you." She told him once the bartender began working on their drinks. "I can't imagine this is easy for you."

"At least I got you keeping me company tonight." He smiled back, watching as she slowly placed her hands on his hips, leaning in to him a little.

Her touch alone was like a lighting bolt. He was trying not to read too much into it but he knew there had been a shift, she seemed to be needing to feel him just as much as he needed to feel her. That thought made his head spin and his body tingle more than any drug he'd ever tried.

***

He was getting tired and really fucking bored.

They had been here for a few hours now, it had just clicked over 12am and he was quickly learning that being sober when everyone else was drunk was no fucking fun.

He had managed to spend the majority of the night chatting in the booth with Delilah, Brad and Gia, the others rotating through. He and Delilah had been the first to sit down, cornered in the booth, so no one questioned how close their bodies were. No one was any wiser to the way his leg was glued to hers or the way their fingers were laced under the table.

He was over it, the only thing preventing him from leaving was the fact that there were more bodies at the table now, meaning she was pinned even closer to him, her hand having fallen to rest against his thigh. His body hadn't been prepared for her touch in such close proximity, even if there was a fucking fire right now, there's no way he'd be able to move.

"Lila please, one dance with us?" Gia was tugging on Delilah's arm, trying to pull her towards their private dance floor.

"Fine but up here!" She laughed, removing her hand from his thigh as she let Gia drag her from the booth. He tried not to let it bother him that she was giving in to Gia's bull shit again.

"Hey Posty." Mischa appeared within seconds beside him, as if she had been waiting in the shadows for the moment Delilah left his side.

"Mischa, how are ya." His eyes were still glued to Delilah, he really didn't have it in him to feign interest any more.

"I'm doin good, it's been a while." She happily used his acknowledgment as an excuse to slide in beside him, pushing her body against his as tightly as possible.

"Yeah, there's been a lot goin on." He tried to subtly inch away from her, his eyes still focused on Delilah dancing with Gia and the others.

He heard her start laughing next to him, pulling his attention from Delilah as he turned to face her. "You can't seriously think she'd be interested in you?"

"What?"

"Posty, look at her, she's flawless, she's chic and classic and put together. You're a drunk who looks like a vandalised bathroom stall." She spat at him before standing and sliding out of the booth. "I'm sure you're time will free up again real soon." She called back to him as she slinked away.

"Yo" Brad called to him as he made his way toward the booth. "We're going to head next door for a few, the music here is shit."

"Listen I've got an early morning, I should probably head out." He checked his watch, fuck it had been a long time since he was ready to go home at 12:30.

"You're fucking with me right? What the fuck is up with you tonight." Brad looked him up and down as if he was completely unable to recognise the person sitting in front of him.