Free looked through the shelves hoping to finally find an answer and sure enough he found something. Hidden behind all the books was an old diary. "Written by Wren Dokata" "Think you'll find answers in there?" "Yes, I must have this diary. Can you buy books here?" "I have no idea but you can try." The two went to the librarian and the blonde asked if he could buy the book. When the lady told him that this book had no value and that it wasn't on the records anyway, Free was allowed to keep it. "Now read it! Are there any answers in there?!" Free opened the first page and read the first entry.

"I did it. Together with my dragon Sola, I was able to leave my island. I dared to circumvent the century-old law and entered the outside world. I know that there is no turning back but I'm tired of being alone. As the successor to the chief of the tribe, the expectations of me are high and since I have still not been able to find my soul mate on the island, I had no choice but to search the wide world out there. With Sola and what I have learned, I am sure that one day I will find that person"

"That almost sounds like what you said." "Then Wren Dokata really was a member of our tribe and like me he had defied the law but from the looks of it he knows more about soulmate issues than I" Free kept turning the pages, maybe he finally found the answer there.

"If we add the 520.7 here, we have x²...."

Lui sighed. It was the exam phase and he already didn't feel like it anymore. He sat in his seat and looked out the window while the teacher wrote some formula on the blackboard. "And what comes of it? Mister Shirosagi?" Lui glanced at the blackboard. He gave the answer without any problem, and the teacher left him alone again. Finally the bell rang and the students left the lecture hall. Lui packed his things and slung his backpack over one shoulder before leaving the room as well. "Lui" He looked back where Gabe was coming his way. "Everything's okay with you?" "Why not?" "I'm just asking" Lui had changed quite a bit in the last two years. He was much more repellent in character than ever before. Secretly he knew why, but it was something he didn't want to accept.

"I want to meet up with the others, are you coming with me?" "No" "Oh come on. A change won't hurt you" "I said no! Now leave me alone" "What's the matter with you? Is it because of Fr-" "Don't you dare use that name even once near me! It's not because of him and it's over!" Lui disappeared into a crowd to avoid talking to Gabe, even though he was sure Gabe would have let him go anyway. He went to his locker and put away the things he didn't need. He then pulled out his boots and put them on before leaving the school.

It had felt more and more over the past two years that a part of his life was missing. Though he pushed all thoughts and memories of that one person out of his mind, he felt as if that one fact kept reminding him of him. It annoyed him because his life was actually going pretty well without this person... Well, more or less. During the day he could distract himself with other thoughts... But in the evening and at night his thoughts revolved around this one person...

...Free De La Hoya...His soulmate...

It was amazing how Free was able to turn his life upside down like that. It would be a lie if Lui said he didn't miss the blonde. There was something calm about Free that Lui had missed since his departure. In general, he missed the presence of the other. The thoughts he had in part were different. Lui was still worrying about that one thing... He was blaming, worried... He didn't know how far Free was with his journey. Had he already read the letter? If so, how had he dealt with it and how did he see Lui now? It felt like he made the biggest mistake of his life back then when he let Free go. But then he remained himself that it was the best decision for both of them...