An unexpected turn of events

Começar do início

As I was about to let go of our hands, he only held them tighter together. "If... if we were to move to Sumeru, where would you want to live?" He asked me, looking into my eyes with sparkles in his own eyes, as well as a happy smile.

His cute expression made me smile as well. "Maybe not in the desert or in the middle of the rainforest..." I started. "Hmm..." I started thinking.

He tilted his head with a smile as he looked at me while I thought.

"Maybe not in the city, or not on the mountains or the beaches. I don't really know if there are any other areas, but I'd love to go there to see for our selves." I said, with an excited tone and a happy expression, one I had not shown anyone other than him.

"Then we can go, as soon as you want. The first days there, we can simply get a small temporary place in the city while we look for something more permanent elsewhere." He told me. He sounded so excited about this. It would be a new experience for us both.

Should I tell him now?

It could possibly ruin our happy mood, but still...
He should know why I want to leave so suddenly.

"There's something I want to tell you..." I said. I made sure to sound serious.
"You can tell me anything." He said. He smiled. Why is he smiling? Didn't I speak in a serious manner just now?

"You should know this before we actually leave for Sumeru, but you need to promise you won't react badly." I said. He then smirked at me. Why is he smirking?

"Well the thing is..." I said, not knowing how to say it in a normal way.

But then he leaned dangerously close to my face.
"Y/n."

"Hm?"

" Do you perhaps have a crush on me?"

"What?"

"Hm??"

"EH?!"

My face heated up and I jerked away from him. My whole face was probably heated.
Does he know?! Has he known for long?! Have I been obvious?!

I had turned away from him to avoid his teasing look.

Then I heard him laugh, "Y/n I was just teasing you, no need to be so shy~" he spoke.

I felt him place his hands on my shoulders.
He chuckled. He used his hands to make me turn back towards him, but I tried avoiding his his eyes by looking straight down at the floor.

If I look into his eyes now I might actually collapse.

I saw his head tilt, probably looking to meet my eyes. However I kept turning my face away.
He chuckled again.

That's when I felt his hand's grip on my jaw.
He forced me to look up and our eyes met.
I swear my heart had never been beating faster.

But as he looked at my face, his eyes widened and he backed away, letting go of me.
"Wait- really?!" He asked with a shocked expression.

That's when my eyes widened again.
He was just teasing me.
I basically outed myself twice in a row.

I turned my back towards him again and his my face in my hands of embarrassment.
I want to hide. I want to drop dead in a ditch. I want to disappear. I wish I was invisible right now.

I then heard him laugh in amusement again, for the third time. "Hey... it doesn't change anything for the worse, you know?" He said.

I could feel his teasing smirk. I knew his half lidded eyes were probably teasingly staring into the back of my head with a purple glint of amusement.
I could feel it, this look of his was well too known by me.

I just want to disappear. This was not what was going to happen.
I was just going to tell him about the three asswipes. My intention was not to let him know about my attraction for him.

3rd pov:

Kunikuzushi had the exact expression that Y/n suspected.
As she was hiding in her hands, he slowly inched closer to her. And once again, he placed his hands in her shoulders.

He could feel the way she tensed up at his touch.
He was amused by her embarrassment. And so he leaned towards her ear. And then he spoke, "My my... I wish I could say this turn of events surprises me but... somehow I expected it."

His breath tickled her ear, and he could feel her shiver slightly as she edged her head away from him. Probably because his breath and voice were so dangerously close to her ear it scared her.

Due to her unwilling, unexpected and accidental confession, he couldn't stop the feeling to tease her about it. And so he didn't stop it at all.

One of his fingers lifted and crazed the skin of her neck, caressing it.

I wonder what Y/n is thinking right now, he thought. He secretly hoped that she was at the brink of collapsing. Because he definitely liked the fact that he could get her like this.

"Y/n..." he spoke.
"Say it. Say that you like me, I want to actually hear you say it."