chapter three | the truth revealed

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Hey, is everything okay?" Y/n asked as she stood in front of the worried girl and placed her hands on her shoulders, causing her to stop pacing.

"No, Jenna was fine a few minutes ago then she got a call and now she's in her trailer with Gwendoline crying," Emma spoke at a fast pace. Y/n explained to her that she had to calm down before she said anything else. "You might have been right about Tucker." She spoke now slower than before.

Y/n hoped she got it wrong. From the scene right in front of her, that wouldn't be the case. "You should talk to her."

Y/n nodded then approached the door, knocking on it gently. "Jenna?"

"Come in." Jenna's voice cracked as she let more tears escape. It broke Y/n's heart to hear her crying like this.

She walked in to see Gwendoline and Jenna sitting on the couch, Gwendoline had her arms wrapped around Jenna in a comforting manner. Y/n sat next to Jenna and then signaled to Gwendoline that she could handle it from there.

Jenna slightly moved so that Y/n was now comforting her, once Gwendoline knew that Jenna would be okay with Y/n she left the trailer. "Jenna, what happened?" Y/n knew she probably shouldn't have asked but she just wanted to help her the best she could.

"He broke up with me and admitted that he was cheating on me for most of our relationship."

Y/n didn't think she was right, she didn't want to but she was, unfortunately. "I'm so sorry, Jenna," Y/n spoke with a comforting tone and held her in a tight hug. As Jenna cried on Y/n's shoulder, she debated on if she should tell her what she saw last night.

She was afraid it would make the situation worse so she decided against it and let her friend cry on her shoulder. She truly hated seeing Jenna this way. The bubbly personality she knew was now taken over by sadness and heartbreak.

She knew what that felt like all too well.

After a few hours, Jenna had slightly calmed down and she got Emma and Gwendoline to come back. They were talking about anything they could think of to keep Jenna distracted till they were waiting to be needed for scenes.

"I just don't understand how you can be so smart yet so stupid at the same time," Emma commented on one of Y/n's high school stories.

"I ask myself that question every day."

Everyone laughed at Y/n's response as if it was the funniest thing in the world. "If you guys are laughing this hard, then I should quit and be a comedian."

"It was funny, but no quitting, we'd miss you. I'd probably miss you more though." Gwendoline spoke honestly.

"Is Gwendoline Christie flirting with me?" Y/n asked dramatically. Gwendoline smirked then winked at her jokingly.

"Now that's my woman, back off!" Jenna joined in on the jokes. Emma just looked at them with a confused look.

"I'm so lost right now." She admitted honestly.

The three just dismissed the jokes and talked about the scenes they filmed before the break. Emma and Gwendoline practically praised Jenna for her dance and Y/n for her performance with the jealousy she had to show. They described it as almost being real.

Y/n noticed the smile on Jenna's face, that must have helped a little.

"Hey, thanks for sitting with me earlier," Jenna spoke as she caught up with Y/n and followed her outside to her car. It was dark outside and the only visible light around was the moon, stars, building signs, and their phone flashlights.

"You're welcome, I knew what you were feeling so I figured you didn't want to be alone."

"Well, I definitely didn't. I know it's kinda late but do you want to go get some coffee and just catch up?"

Y/n gladly accepted then the two got in the car. Jenna gave her the directions to the closest coffee shop. "You know, I think the last time we saw each other before this show was Judah Lewis' party from what? A year ago?"

"Yeah, I think so!" Jenna spoke as she recalled the memory almost perfectly in her head. "I also remember never getting your number to stay in touch as I planned."

"I'm pretty sure I had to work the next day and had to leave early."

"You probably did."

For the remainder of the drive and most of the time at the coffee shop, they just talked about the times they interacted and how awkward Y/n was in those moments.

Some things never changed for Y/n, her awkwardness being one of them.

"I have to ask, you said you knew what I was feeling. Is that why you never go on dates and stayed single this long?" Jenna asked curiously then took a sip of her drink.

Y/n just nodded in response and then silence fell between the two till they finished their drinks and went out to Y/n's car. When the two got in the car, Jenna told Y/n her address then she got permission to play the music of her choice.

Y/n couldn't help but laugh as she glanced over to see Jenna lip-sync and dance along to No Scrubs by TLC. Once the song was over, Jenna laughed with her then the two sang along to other songs till they got to Jenna's house.

"Would you wanna hang out tomorrow?" Jenna asked as she opened the car door and then grabbed her phone, disconnecting it from the aux cord.

"I actually have to do something at home but you can come over if you want." Y/n offered with a smile. Jenna smiled back and then stepped out of the car.

"I might, we'll see what happens." She joked. "Good night, Y/n."

"Good night, Jenna." With that, Jenna closed the car door and walked up to her front door. She watched as Y/n drove away and then made her way inside.

Y/n hoped she would see Jenna tomorrow.

It would make what she has to do tomorrow more fun and less lonely.

————————
brooke speaks!

this was longer than
expected but i'm
proud! i also hope it
turned out okay and
that there aren't any
mistakes