The Getting to Know You Stage

Start from the beginning

The next morning after the hot chocolate she didn't turn on Peter Pan. That was the first sign something was different to Peter. 

"Peter, I know that where you were before wasn't the nicest place. I know that it was terrible. This isn't healthy though младенец. You need to sleep."

Peter looked down at his hot chocolate and mumbled something that Natasha couldn't understand.

"What was that, Peter?"

"I try to sleep. Every time I go to sleep though, I see them."

"You see who младенец?"

"The men with the needles." Peter whispered barely audible.

"The men with the needles?" 

Peter nodded before his hands started to tremble.

"At first they looked like th-the doctors I h-had seen when I got there b-but they w-would have these b-b-big needles that h-hurt r-r-really bad." 

Peter would have gone farther if he hadn't started crying and broken down into tears. Natasha just comforted him how she would every morning. They sat there a while and Natasha thought Peter had fallen asleep again but instead he spoke.

"I think I want to try a nightmare journal. I don't want to think about them again."

Natasha got an empty journal she had from her room and spent the day showing Peter how to write a nightmare journal without a second thought. That night had been the first night he didn't wake up screaming at the crack of dawn.

After Peter wasn't so focused on trying to figure out how to sleep Natasha, Clint, and Laura were all trying to figure out things Peter liked to do. Seeing as they would all be living there together. 

First Clint tried action figures that they had at the house, Peter thought they looked cool but he didn't want to play with them and risk ruining them. 

Then Laura tried coloring or painting, he had interest for all of 5 minutes of drawing little doodles before he was trying to go running around and splattering paint all over Laura.

Natasha then convinced him to go on a walk with her, where he got distracted every other minute by the coolest thing he had ever seen.

So, their first day wasn't really a success. The next day they started with something they knew he liked. Mega Blocks and Legos.

He spent two whole hours with Natasha right next to him helping whenever he asked for it, usually separating the hard pieces, building a model of the vending machine that he saw on the way out of SHIELD.

 Natasha was confused how he had remembered what exact options there were in the vending machine and the dimensions. That's when it hit her.

The kid was a Bonafide genius, it was the only explanation for his math understanding he already had, the little comments that he definitely shouldn't even understand what they mean yet, to the mechanical thinking he always approached things with.

Natasha asked Peter if he would be alright sitting at the kitchen table by himself for a few minutes so she could talk to Clint, which he barely paid attention to since he was working on the fine details of the vending machine, before walking outside to the barn where Clint was making renovations. 

Walking into the barn Natasha was welcomed to a ladder on the other side of the door she walked in through and a cursing Clint hanging by the edge of a beam.   

"Jeez Nat, what is it? I thought you were with Peter playing with the Legos and figuring out what the kid likes to do other than build with those little demon bricks."

Mama-Spider and Spider-sonOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara