12. Please don't be a rental, please don't be a rental, please don't be rental-

Bắt đầu từ đầu

" At least take my umbrella with you..." I shyly offered.

" No, no, seriously it's fine." He politely rejects, patting my shoulders reassuringly. " The rain is not as bad as before, and I doubt it will grow worse from here on out."

" Hitori-chan? Is that you? Come inside or else you'll....... Oh, my."

" M-Mom?!" I jumped from her presence, I looked at her in horror. She stood at the door with a hand to her mouth in suprise.

Oh no.

No this is bad.

" Y-You know what? Y-you're right!" I plastered a smile onto my face as I began shoving Akihiko-kun to the rain." Maybe you should just make a run for it! Hehehe--"

" Huh? Gotou-san, w-wait--" Akihiko-kun showed protest, but why? Didn't you say it's fine?! This is the perfect time to run before things get worse for me!

" Hitori-chan!" I hear my mother use her scolding voice, I flinched from it and slowly turned to her.

She gave me a disappointed look, hands to her hips and all.

" Both of you, come inside this instant." She demanded in her soft motherly vibe.

" Oh, hi, uh... Gotou-...san?" Akihiko waves at my mom. " It's fine, really! I'm just going to make a run for it to the subway station!"

Yes, please go ahead!

" Are you sure?" My mom frowns. " The rain might suddenly get worse."

Nonsense, mother!

" N-No it won't!" I spoke up. " The rain won't get worse, and Akihiko-kun can run fast since he plays soccer!" I said.

" Yep." Akihiko-kun nodded along. I felt bad, I was honestly worried about him too, I didn't want him to run in the rain but...

I was presented with two poisons.

One of them being that he officially meets my family-- which is not what I want to happen for now.

I recalled to the time when Nijika-chan and Kita-chan visited my house for the first time, it was my first experience in bringing home some friends from the outside world.

I am forever haunted by that day, when a dog and a 5 year old communicated better than me. Futari-chan and Jimihen instantly got along with my friends.

I am forever ashamed.

And if the same were to happen to me with Akihiko-kun....I might just jump off Mount Fuji.

" Oh, okay.... but if it does get worse, then you're free to come back for shelter. " my mom politely offered.

Akihiko smiles, brimming with gratitude as he bowed his head in thanks.