Chapter 48 : Pretenses

Zacznij od początku

The lads approached us into a hug, and all of a sudden, they started sniffing us. Louis threw me a casual shrug, as if he didn't care. Zayn and Niall widened their eyes for a second, and looked at Liam with knowing smirks, and held out their hands. "200 pounds." Niall stated. "Each." Zayn cooed smugly. Liam bit his lip furiously before groaning and reaching for his wallet behind his trousers. "Here." he each handed them two, 100 pound bills each with a huff. Zayn and Niall high-fived each other happily, and turning their heads to us.

"So.." Zayn started awkwardly. "Where were you guys...?" Liam asked. I shifted uncomfortably on the balls of my feet, and analyzed Louis for a second, noticing his blank stare at the boys. "We--" "I reckon you guys had it didn't ya?" Niall stifled a laugh. Blush crept to my cheeks, and Louis looked at me fondly, squeezing my hands slightly, as he kept his gaze unfazed. "Damn straight." he whispered quickly to my ear, and silently lead us through the many halls and doors.

My mind was whirring, spinning out of control what will his mum say when she meets me? What if she doesn't like me? what if she just shuns me all-together? These thoughts started to fill my mind in the most horrendous of ways. It felt like Louis was anchoring me to the ground, keeping me all in one piece by the way he held my hand--simple, yet comforting. This was the first time I've ever felt love. Love back then to me was like something unreal; untouchable. Something that only existed in  the movies; something fake, and completely fragile.But here I am, completely scared to my heels and back, awaiting for the acknowledgement of his mother. 

"Haz, it'll be fine." Louis urged quietly with the visibility of his voice cracking. So he was scared too. Not only me, but the both of us. The moment we came to a halt, Louis was already spouting a foreign language to a man by the door, who in-fact scrutinized his gaze on our intertwined hands. Louis nodded casually, and instructed Liam, Zayn, and Niall to lead me to a nearby café in order to wait for him to finish up with whatever business his mum asked him to. I followed them numbly, and quietly, with my shoes silently scruffing through the carpet.

As we sat, the boys remained unusually quiet. They never even bothered to start a conversation, just empty, blank expressions, constantly flickering back at each other, except for me. I wanted to scream, to legitimately scream in their faces to stop being so.. so mysterious. But, this time, my throat felt dry, like the words were simply stuck there with super glue.. it's a definite mess. I usually am able to tell their emotions, but not this one.. this one seemed.. so out of place.. so out of my element that it cannot be distinguished to a single expression. In other words, they are unreadable.

A deep, tensed murky air unknowingly filled around us, and no one is even trying to do anything, just constant stares, that was all, and it's definitely making my anxiety even worst. What the hell was going on with everybody?

**Zayn POV**

Harry fidgeted silently in his seat, as he flickered his gaze on us pleadingly. Liam, Niall, and I wanted to no more than to care for our friend, but we always expected the worst. Lou's mum never ever needed him for help, and this triggered something in all of us. So now, we were just silently waiting as the clock ticked rather loudly with the silence our circle brought. Any time, the signal will pop-up, and we will all ready be at work.

*{Harry POV}*

Another minute passed, and Zayn stared at his phone for a quick second, and eyeing Niall with a nod. Niall gave a huge sigh, and smiled in my direction. "Sorry mate, we were just anxious s'all." he said rather dully, and emotionless, but I couldn't complain, all I could do was nod. Niall's stomach growled, and he ran to the cashier to purchase himself some food and drinks enough for five people. I gave a content sigh as Liam and Zayn literally pulled me into a conversation as Niall made his way to us. 

He held out a cup in my direction, and I took it, not bothering what drink it was, because the hot chocolate filled my nostrils with warmth and sweetness. The beverage burned hotly on my throat, and something seemed oddly foreign. Was this imported hot chocolate? I couldn't tell, so I just swallowed it down with no more protests.

Louis then quickly bursted through the doors angrily, and his eyes was seething with rage. "Lou what--" "I hate you." Louis growled in my direction. I looked around me, and I found myself alone with the boys no longer by my side. "I hate how you always try to pry me open with all these secrets of mine." I sat there, unable to process the information that he's trying to indicate, but I asked anyways. "What are you saying?" I croaked weakly. He looked down on the ground for a second, then looked at me with a blank gaze. This boy wasn't my boyfriend.. this was a shell he's built himself. "Are you stupid?!" he demanded. "I'm saying it's over. I don't want you. I don't need you, and I most certainly don't want you anymore!" he bellowed.

I blinked silently. Once, twice, three times until I chose to speak. "Don't you love me?" I asked with pain seering in my chest. He gave a sarcastic laugh. "I planned it all! Everything. Your mum payed me to make you fall-in-love, and break your heart so that you'll be too weak to leave home ever again. In other words, I lied. I made you fall didn't I? It was definitely worth the money in my bank." "You don't mean that I--" I tried protesting. "Oh but I do. I made you stupidly fall. Ha! You should've seen your face when I fucked you senseless. I could've taken a picture but I was nice enough to not to."

My knuckles turned a deep white colour, and I looked at him as my heart broke, and my vision blurred, which no doubt came from the hot chocolate. I wanted to say so much things to him, but I felt too weak to do so, so all that escaped my mouth was. "I love you Louis." before I completely passed out.

When your sadest fear, comes creeping in, that you never loved me, or her, or anything, Yeeeaaahh!!

________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Okay, before you guys lash out on me with your comments, in my defense this chapter pained me as it did you guys, I wrote the last part in the dark, so it's all even.. maybe.. maybe not.. Hopefully this chapter was worth the wait, and I completely understand if you guys'll hate me after this. Happy reading guys!~

~Cam xoxox