nine . . . suzie, do you copy ?

Start from the beginning

"You jealous?" Lucas teased quietly, putting an arm around Mike as the freckled boy rolled his eyes at Matt.

"What? No!" Mike spoke frantically. "I just find it annoying that she basically replaced me with him." He said the last part with in a whisper so Ara would hear.

"Then, you shouldn't have avoided her these past months. Avoided all of us for the matter. Matt told me she was pretty mad about it." Lucas said.

Mike wanted to argue but this conversation had happened between the two boy multiple times already. There was no use.

The six ran through groups of people at the mall, bumping into others on their way to Scoops Ahoy.

"Watch it." A girl said.

"Yeah, watch it, nerd!" Erica, Lucas' younger sister said.

"Isn't it past your bedtime?"

"Isn't it time you died?"

"Psycho!"

"Butthead!"

"Mall rat!"

"Fart face!"

Ara rolled her eyes at the siblings and tried to stay as close to the back of the groups as possible not wanting to talk to Mike.

They walked into the Scoops Ahoy ice cream parlour where Steve worked for the summer.

Mike rang the bell at the counter repeatedly as Robin, who worked with Steve, called out to him.

"Hey, dingus, your children are here!" Robin exclaimed, not bothering to turned back.

"Again? Seriously?" Steve questioned, definitely annoyed.

Mike rang the bell again.

Steve let them behind the counter and they rushed through the back door.

"Come, come on." He hurried them.

"I swear, if anybody hears about this—"

"We're dead!" They chorused. Mike popped his head around the corner, looking around. "All clear." He muttered.

They took seats, Max and Lucas in one row. Matt, Will, Ara and Mike took seats in the row behind them in that order.

"We missed the previews." Lucas complained.

"Still made it. Fart face." Max joked, smiling widely.

Will gave out snacks to everyone, Ara getting a soda can along with some skittles. She, of course, sorted out the green ones and gave them to Will.

The movie started playing and they all quieted down. Before it stopped. "Come on!" People called out while other booed at the screen.

Ara looked around herself she had always been slightly on edge since the happenings from when she first moved to this small town.

After a moment the movie came back and people cheered and applauded, pleased.

"Hey." Mike said to Will. Ara looked over and spoke in a hushed voice.