Visiting Uncle Dewey

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from the Scream franchise. This is written for fanfiction and entertainment purposes only.

Song: Old Man by Neil Young

🔪

I'm driving in my rental car that's really just a lame silver Toyota Prius, but at least it'll get me to places. Such as to visit my godfather and uncle Dewey Riley. I'm visiting him and have been since he divorced his wife, Gale Weathers. He's taking the divorce pretty rough, but acts like he's fine. I know the truth because of how much we keep in contact. He's been like a father figure to me in a way before my parents dated and got married.

Mom thought it's nice that I visit Dewey, but she never wants me to stay too long at Woodsboro because of how it's so dangerous. I know some of my mother's and Dewey's pasts with Ghostface. She never let me watch the Stab movies or reads any of Gale's books, but she forgets that there's the internet. So, I can be able to research about what truly happened in Woodsboro ever since in 1996 when it all began.

Thanks to my fucking psychopathic murderous father, Billy Loomis.

He was the one who started the whole thing along with his accomplice, Stu Macher. All because of my grandmother, Maureen Prescott, had an affair with his father which caused a divorce between his parents and his mother left as a result. I could never understand why Billy went after my mother when it's not even her fault and she had nothing to do with it. But Billy was so blinded by hatred and rage that it consumed him to go totally crazy and kill everyone with Stu Macher. 

I never acknowledge Billy as my father because of the horrible and notorious acts he had done. I consider Mark Kincaid, my mother's husband, more of my father than him. 

During my research there was a lot of questions I still had in mind that the internet couldn't provide for me. So, I had to go to the main source: my mother. We had a long talk about it. Especially, after I had my first encounter with Ghostface while my mother and I went on her book tour. That Ghostface back in 2011 turned out to be my cousin, Jill Roberts.

Boy, was she seriously fucked up in the head.

After that, my mother figured I deserve to finally know the truth. 

I discovered a lot about her and Billy. Like apparently, I got conceived at Stu's party. Who would've thought that was going to happen?

Now that I'm back in Woodsboro, it felt different this time. I just couldn't explain it. The last time I was here is in 2011. Mom never wanted either of us to return ever again and I don't blame her. But ever since Dewey and Gale's divorce, I felt really bad for the guy and had to check up on him. I'm surprised Mom lets me do that, but not for too long. I promised to stay here for a week and not anymore than that. I'm surprised she even allowed my visit to be that long.

I drove for the trailer park and parked my car in front of Dewey's place. He really spiraled down since the divorce. Him and Gale used to live in a very good looking house until they split. Gale moved to New York for her career and Dewey just stayed in the town. He deserved someplace better than here, but...maybe he was always meant to stay in Woodsboro.

I grabbed my suitcase and book bag then locked the car. I approach Dewey's trailer and ring the doorbell. On my way here, I texted Dewey that I would be there soon in five minutes.

He opened the door and smiled at the sight of me. 

"Hey, Josh, what's up, man?" We hugged each other, not seeing the other for quite a while.

"Nothing much," I answered casually with a shrug, smiling back at him as we let go. "Just the usual."

"Really? How's your family and your girlfriend?"