six . . . the spy

Start from the beginning

"Why?"

Ara shrugged. "I think that, maybe after a while of getting used to everything, I'll enjoy it more here. I mean, I'd rather wear sweaters everyday then come home from school sweating as if a ran a half marathon." The two chuckled, looking back at each other they realized their faces were closer than before.

"I'm sorry for being an asshole." Mike said. "I just didn't want you and Max to replace El but I was way off." He paused. "Is there anyway I can make it up to you?"

"A simple apology is enough for me."

🎧⋆。˚💿.𖥔 ݁ ˖

Mike and Ara were still asleep. Ara with her head set on Mike's shoulder while Bob and Joyce were speaking to each other in hushed voices.

"They made me sign like a thousand documents. I mean.. we all had to. We had to." Joyce stammered. "I mean, I lost track at a certain point. They're gonna make you do the same for sure." She was anxious, anyone would be in that situation.

"Yeah. Well, whatever." Bob said reassuringly. "Well what kind of documents." He took a hold of her hand and held it softly.

"Uh, confidentiality and there were these official forms saying — like — nothing ever happened, which is why.."

"Will got lost in the woods." Bob finished.

"Yeah."

"Man, I always thought stuff like this happened in movies and comic books. Certainly not in Hawkins, and certainly not to someone like you."

"Or you."

"Yeah. Bob Newby. Superhero."

"You cold?" Joyce asked.

"Just a little jitters, I guess." He spoke nonchalantly. "Hey, don't you start worrying about me. Okay, I'm fine. It's not like you didn't warn me. 'This is not a normal family.' Isn't that what you said?"

"Yeah."

Bob chuckled a bit. "You weren't kidding. It kinda makes my idea of moving to Maine sound a little less crazy, right?"

"Oh, it's not crazy at all."

"Mom?" Will said as he had finally woken up along with Mike and Ara. Mike being a bit flustered but decided to focus on Will instead.

"Hey."

"Is there a doctor? We need a doctor!" Bob exclaimed as he went into the halls.

"Sweetie, how you feeling? You okay?" Joyce asked quietly, walking over to the other side of the young boy's hospital bed.

"They're on their way." Bob said, ran back into the room. "Hey." Bob added, now talking to Will. "Who's that?" Will interrogated.

"What?" Joyce said.

Ara began to be confused and she could see with the looks on everyone else's faces, she wasn't the only one.

"It's me, big guy. It's Bob."

Joyce tried to hold Will's hand but he moved it away. "Are you a.. doctor?" He seemed worried or defensive.