2

Brett isn't sure which terrifies him more right now—the devil standing in front of him or the fact that this devil knows his name. Brett feels his heart pounding as he faces the creature, wondering what would come next.

"Come on, are all angels this cold and distant? I'm a little let down."

"Why do you know my name?" - Brett can feel his voice trembling when he asks the question.

The creature steps closer and a chill goes through Brett's body as its gaze seems to pierce right through him.

"Why do I know your name? We all know your name, Brett. You are the bravest and strongest of Heaven, the one who was born to lead them in the battle. You know what, angel, I've always believed that you would look better dressed as a devil than in that white costume, my love." – The devil says as he approaches Brett.

"Close your filthy mouth, devil, before my blade touches your throat." - Brett takes a step back and replies in defense.

"Wow, you've taken me by surprise after surprise. I had no idea that kind of words could come from an angel. But above all, I'd much rather you call me Eddy, love."

"Stop calling me that; don't you think it's so disgusting?"

"I think it fits you well. Aren't all angels proud that Heaven is a place filled with love and joy? Or if you want, you can also call me "love"; I don't mind." – The devil smiles at him.

"So, Hell sent you here to stop me from finding Ling Ling, right? Take a step closer and you will be regret it."

The devil pauses for a moment before chuckling.

"Oh Brett, please stop breaking my heart; all I want to do is get to know you. You forgot that we have an armistice agreement? Contrary to what you might believe, love, we know how to keep our word." - He stares into Brett's eyes, and his expression softens.

Although Brett has had enough of this devil's indecent behavior, he is thankfully no longer on high alert because he senses that the devil only wants to play around with him rather than kill him or at the very least harm him. Nevertheless, he still doesn't want to speak with this creature any longer. Brett decides that the only way to keep himself safe is to ignore the devil's presence, hoping it will leave him be.

He turns around and tries to locate any signs that Ling Ling may have left, but it's impossible for him to do so since the devil is constantly following him. Brett can even feel the creature's breath as the man gets closer to him and when he suddenly stops, the devil can not react in time so it falls to Brett's back, sending him a wave of goosebumps as he turns to face the devil.

Eddy groans and holds his chin, "Ouch."

"Could you please stop following me?" – With annoyance in his voice, Brett pushes the devil away.

"Following you? I understand your concern, love, but I assure you I'm just doing my job."

"So go ahead, mind your own business, stay out of my way, leave me alone."

Then suddenly someone grabs Brett by the wrist and shoves him into their warm, broad chest as Brett is about to take a step away. Brett froze in surprise, taken aback by the sudden physical contact

"HEY! You-"

As soon as Brett regains consciousness, he notices an arrow pointed directly at the spot where he was standing and the heavy, dark scents approaching them. The chill runs down Brett's spine when he recognizes how bad it might have been if this devil hadn't hold him back.

Eddy saved him.

Fortunately, because they are in a very obscure location, nobody can see what is happening.

The first rule of both Heaven and Hell is to keep their existence from human beings. This rule has been strictly enforced throughout history, and it is believed that a revelation of either realm would create utter chaos on Earth.

As the attacks come at them continuously, Brett has no choice but to defeat each black creature that is aiming for both him and Eddy one by one. Is this the plan of Hell? No way, Brett is certain since they are also aiming for the devil as well. His only hope of surviving this onslaught is to continue fighting and hope that he can make it out alive.

Strangely, Brett can see that the devil is watching out for him and defending him; as a result, the enemies have no chance of getting close to the angel. His heart is wavering with an odd sensation that seems to have existed in the past.

"Hey, you alright?" – Brett asks.

"I think you should give me a kiss to cheer me up."

"How on earth can you even joke in this situation?"

"We are on Earth right now, honey, and I can be sure that I said what I meant."

In comparison to the enemies, at this moment, Brett wants nothing more than to punch the devil who is right behind him in its face. He wonders whether this is how all devils are or only this bastard.

"You didn't think this is Hell's strategy, did you?" – Eddy says while breaking the neck of the one slamming to Brett.

Even though Brett has always known about the brutality of devils, he is still shocked to see Eddy's face covered in blood when he turns around.

"I did at first but now... I can tell it's not."

"Told you, love, we always keep our word."

"Close your mouth and pay attention to your right side."

As the attack becomes more intense, both of them are occupied fighting, not realizing that their adversaries are slowly separating them. The enemies are more numerous than Brett had anticipated, and he grows more and more exhausted. Brett tries to get away from the two men who are holding him, then one of the others suddenly bursts out of a corner and slams into him.

It was too late to do anything when he sees a blade extending toward him. All he can do is close his eyes and wait for the pain of the stab from the weapon.

Or even worse, death.

-------------
Merry Christmas guys <3
24/12/2022