Part 1- newcomer arc: Chapter 1-The blackout

Start from the beginning

Nodding his head, he jostled through the boisterous crowd at Shibuya Crossing, before ending up in front of a train station.

Just then, you heard the loud bursting of fireworks. Turning your head up, you noticed a couple of fireworks soar through the air, before the bright neon colours faded out. 

Throwing caution to the wind, your attention was all on the fireworks, and you carelessly bumped into a hard chest covered by the soft touch of cotton. 

Looking up after stopping in your tracks, you saw a handsome-looking man who was about two inches taller than you donning a white hoodie and a grey shirt. Looking at you with his cat eyes, he gave you a cold, yet condescending look. "Must've been another one of those selfish aristocrats," you thought to yourself, before bowing down.

"Sorry! I was too focused on the fireworks to see you!" You apologized, lifting your head once you had finished your sentence.

Soon enough after a few moments of awkward silence, his gaze on you softened, and it was only then that you noticed his clear pale skin shining under the fierce light of the sun beating down mercilessly on the ground. 

He nodded his head, his stance loosening. "It's fine," he reassured you, before he bent down and picked up a cracked IPhone. Its screen shattered into pieces due to it crashing onto the ground and breaking, it was clearly not in good shape to use. 

Your eyes widened as big as saucers, and you truly felt bad for the man. It was probably a good time for you to run, you assumed, until you heard him assure you once more. 

"Don't worry. I can afford a new phone. Well, I best be on my way back home," he shrugged it off nonchalantly, walking off, unbothered by his now non-functioning phone.

Shrugging your shoulders, you continued strolling across the streets, wondering, "What's there to celebrate today? The fireworks are damn noisy..."

Opening the door to your mini hideout of a house, you quickly closed the door shut and locked the chains that wrapped around the door, preventing even the best of lockpicks from entering your house, that was once an abandoned underground hideout for loansharks.

*let's work on my invention*. Akira's eyes gleamed with ecstasy, and he agreed immediately. Getting into your positions, you prepared to work on the finishing touches of your new invention that you had been working on for the past while.

——————————————-

*Hand me the hammer please.* You used sign-language to request for your brother to hand you the hammer located in your trusty toolbox. Your one and only alive brother, Akira, nodded and reached for your toolbox. He dug around for a while until he found your hammer. 

Picking it up, he handed it to you, smiling merrily. Watching you invent your new tool, he grinned with pride in his street-smart elder sister. Born poor, the both of you merely lived by hand to mouth. The both of you wished your lives would be better, and more entertaining than just earning money by stealing from others. However, the only thing you truly needed was each other. 

Or, was it?

You usually always had an emotionless expression plastered on your face. However, whenever you were inventing a new device, no matter how big or small, you always had a jovial smile on your face that made him feel safe when you were holding hands. It was a wonder why you were not a well-known inventor. With enough training grounds and mechanism to bring you to your full potential, hell, you would make a world-class inventor. 

Touching the hammer's sturdy handle, you remembered when your kind-hearted father used to patiently teach you engineering before he passed away. Digging the nail tightly into the materials, your mind drifted off to the past of all of your tools and...your father.