"I'm struggling to understand it all. All my life I have had a simple life. The demons, I mean the humans. They had always been far away. And suddenly you were in my very village. I, I just it was hard to accept," I listened to his words watching as something slowly built up inside him. He looked to be debating weather or not to say the next line. In fact it looked like he physically had to push the following words out of his mouth. 

"I am scared," My gaze softened at his soft voice. Aonung was the son of the chief. He would one day rule the people. For him to admit he was scared was a big no-no. "I'm scared for my family, my people," he admitted his eyes connecting with mine showing nothing but the truth. I was surprised by the vulnerability he was showing me. The vulnerability he showed me broke away all the anger and stubbornness I had. 

"Aonung," I whispered stepping up to him. Is sighed reaching up to grasp the side of his neck and pulling his head down to press our foreheads together. 

"I understand how you feel. But you shouldn't be scared of new things. They can help you grow," I whispered his hand reaching up to gently hold my forearm his thumb brushing my skin as he thought about my words. 

"Will you help me grow?" he asked. Pulling back I looked over his face.

"Only if you wish to learn," I murmured. 

"If it means you will forgive me. I would do anything," he said with no hesitation. Heat rose to my cheeks at his statement.

"Skxawng," I huffed pushing his neck away. 

I was surprised when Aonung, Tsireya, and Rotxo turned up the next day. All with smiles and all willing to learn. 

It was a funny switch around. One that brought more laughter and joy than the regular training. After all, we weren't learning for survival. We were learning for fun. 

Archery was the first thing we taught. Tuk watched from the sidelines as we all brought out our bows and a set of arrows. A few yards away we had set up a makeshift target. 

"This is a bow, we use it to hunt and to fight," I explained. 

"Why not just throw harpoons?" Rotxo asked as he played with Neteyam's bow. 

"Because your arm isn't as strong as a bow," I said with a smirk. 

"I bought that," Aonung said with a slightly cocky tone. 

"Alright, throw a harpoon at the target," I said. He looked between me and the target.

"All that way?" he asked. I nodded with a smirk. Taking a harpoon he rolled his shoulder stepping back.

"No, no run-up," I said. He huffed but obliged stationing his feet before rolling back his arm and flinging the harpoon high into the air. We watched as it arched before burying itself in the sand barely making it three-quarters of the way. Tuk giggled and Aonung pressed his lips together disappointed in his performance. 

"My turn," I said bumping him to the side with my hip earning a smile. Taking a deep breath I knocked the arrow before pulling it all the way back. Their eyes widened slightly at the stance and how powerful I looked. When my eyes had found the target my fingers loosed the arrow. It soared through the air before hitting dead center. My sibling's and Tsireya cheered for me Aonung admit defeat with a nod of his head. 

"Your turn," I said holding the bow out to him. We taught them the proper technique. The others had a bit of trouble drawing the bow back but Aonung was doing well for a beginner. 

"Strong from here," I said patting his stomach. Adjusting his arms I leaned in close reaching out to move his arm to the target. We stood face to face with barely a few centimetres between us. 

"Losse," I said. When he didn't I turned to him to see him staring intently at me with a small smile. 

"Focus," I whispered reaching up gently pressing my fingers against his jaw turning his face back to his target. Although when his attention left me I smiled. Lowering my hand my finger tips accidentally brushed against his collar done. A pleasant shiver taped down Aonung's back as he loosed the arrow involuntarily. 

The arrow quickly found its mark in the center of the target. Stepping back i cheered clapping along with everyone else. Aonung should have been basking in the glore. after all it was the first time he hit the target. Instead his eyes were on me watching my bright smile and my melodic laugh. Two things that made him feel warm inside. 

============================================================