Chapter 1

"Five, six, seven, eight." The oldest girl in the room counted for the group of girls, doing the steps in front and keeping an eye on everyone through the mirror.

Everyone was completely synchronized.

The music overshadowed their foot movement almost completely and masked the opening door.
After a full turn, the Japanese trainee saw one of her managers step into the room.

The man, in his early 40s, watched the trainees rehearse for a moment before walking over to the stereo and turning the music down.

„Chiyo, can I talk to you for a moment?" He asked without showing any emotions.

Chiyo stopped, unsure but nodded. The other girls as well, greeted him with a bow.

„Keep going." She told the girls before following the staff outside the room.

„How can I help you?" Chiyo hated how her
voice sounded. Slightly nervous and shaking.
She knew why he decided to pull her out of the rehearsal.

„I sadly have to inform you that the end of the year show this week will be that last time as a backup dancer and trainee."

His words hit her hard. Tears formed in her eyes.

„They won't let you debut next year," His eyes held sorrow in them for her. "I'm sorry. I tried everything."

Tears fell. Chiyo covered her mouth with her hands, closing her eyes while her sobs shook her body. It felt like her heart was ripped out of her chest.

"I'm so sorry."

✧・゚: * ✧・゚:* *:・゚✧ *:・゚✧

"Let's go over it one last time before they come." Chiyo smiled but it didn't reach her eyes. It stopped ever since she had been told her dream was destroyed.

The girls smiled at her and nodded, looking at her pitifully and got into position.

Over the huge speaker, the beats of the group's latest song started to play.

The dancer rehearsed all of the songs that were going to be performed the next day at the award show.

No one noticed the Idols standing behind them until the music stopped. The choreography was extremely tiring, dancing to songs back to back and having to sprint to the extended part of the stage for the ending.

Both male and female dancers were out of breath, sitting down even lying or leaning over with their hands on their hips and knees.

Claps made the group look up. The eight members of Stray Kids walk up to them.

Everyone greeted the idols with deep bows.

"Hello everyone," Bang Chan smiled and let the group introduce themselves with their greeting in Japanese and say their name even though everyone knew who was standing in front of them.

Being a large group, the dancers simply said their names and bowed again before the next person did the same.

"Hello, I'm Chiyo," the ex-trainee tried to smile, wanting to hide the emotional pain but miserably failed and moved her head to watch the ground.

She couldn't see how the eyes of the dance leader lingered on her a few moments more, silently asking himself who hurt her, so her pain was almost touchable.

Minutes later everyone stood in their position, waiting for the music to be played.

The rehearsal went on for hours, perfecting every detail, going over it in units and having the idols watch the dancers to detect anything that wasn't perfect.

At the end of it, everyone was drenched in sweat and out off breath.

Chiyo needed to sit, her head was spinning. She ate almost nothing ever since the news were dropped, leaving her body weaker than usual.

„Oh no." Her hands were shaking like crazy when moving some hair pieces out of the way. Trying to calm herself down as her vision got a bit blurry, the young dancer squeezed her eyes shut for a moment while focusing on breathing.

It didn't go unnoticed.

„Are you okay?" A foreign voice made open her eyes, her vision was almost back to normal. It was perfect Japanese .
Seeing who was standing in front of her made her eyes widen.