4. Fallen Warrior

Start from the beginning

With a crash George and I collapsed in a heap on the Burrow back garden, and I tried to gather George to his feet as a scream was heard from inside. Lacey was running towards us, tears in her eyes, Gennie, Remus, Harry and Mrs Weasley following.

"Help me carry him!" I shouted, and Gennie, Harry and Remus grabbed George's feet and helped me support him inside, Lacey following us, still sobbing.

They carried him into the house, his poor bandages falling off and blood starting to flow quicker from the side of his head. He was laid on the sofa and the extent of his injuries was seen properly in the harsh light, his ear missing entirely, red soaking his face and neck.

"What happened to George?" Hollie cried, and I noticed her enter the living room, holding Maia, who was starting to cry.

"Hollie, get out of here!" Lacey shouted, her entire body trembling.

"No, he's practically my brother!" Hollie shouted, and Lacey who now looked exhausted as she knelt next to George, just nodded.

"Rory, what happened?" she asked, her face soaked in tears. "Is he going to be okay?"

"His ear, it got cursed off," I spluttered out. "It's not coming back any time soon. But he'll be okay."

"Good, good." Lacey said, leaning over and kissing George's forehead, and he stirred slightly, grasping onto Lacey's fingers.

Scuffling came from outside, and Remus dived for the back door, Harry, Gennie and I leapt up and followed him. It was Kingsley and Hermione, clutching a coat hanger. Hermione flung herself into our arms, and I felt myself start to cry.

Through the gap over Hermione's shoulder I saw Remus point his wand at Kingsley and vice versa.

"The last words Albus Dumbledore spoke to the pair of us!"

"'Harry and Aurora have the best hope we have. Trust them,'" said Remus calmly.

Kingsley turned his wand on Harry, but Remus said, "It's him, I've checked!"

"All right, all right!" said Kingsley, stowing his wand back beneath his cloak, "But somebody betrayed us! They knew, they knew it was tonight!"

The four of us separated, and Gennie and Hermione looked equally as worried. "Cole—he's not back yet, is he?" Gennie asked anxiously.

I shook my head, thinking of Alia's scream, and prayed they were both alright. "What happened, Hermione, did you see anything?"

"We were followed by five of them, and we saw you-know-who, he started chasing us, but disappeared. Rory, oh my god, he can—"

"Fly," added Harry. "I saw him too, he came after Hagrid and me."

"What the hell, does he have wings?" Gennie said desperately, biting on the ring Cole gave her. "Where's George?"

"He lost an ear."

"Lost an—"

"Snape, the bastard." I shook my head.

"Snape?" shouted Harry. "You didn't say—"

"I didn't get the chance. His hood fell and he shot it. I shot it back at him, but I think I missed. I took a few shots at Cameron before he set out broom on fire."

"Good." Gennie said venomously.

As the sky stayed silent, we all sighed and headed back inside. But where were Fleur and Bill? Mad-Eye and Mundungus? Fred and Mr Weasley? Cole and Alia?

In the living room, Lacey and Mrs Weasley were tending to George, Ginny and Hollie hovering in the background looking concerned.

The wound was clean now, and I could see the clean and gaping hole where George's ear had once been.

Obliviate my Destiny {Book 5}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara