"I wanna welcome somebody you know and love to the stage tonight, let's give it to for my boy Ju!" He announced before clapping his hands, the poet must've been a crowd favorite because everyone began to erupt into applause as well. The man and Ju dapped each other up before he disappeared off of the stage. She couldn't help but to wonder what he was doing there—this didn't seem like his kind of crowd.

"You ready?" Amina turned to Chalyn, "You don't wanna hear his poem? The truck ain't here yet." Chalyn replied.

"You right." Amina replied, turning her attention back to the stage. The door opened, causing them to slightly move out of the way. They didn't intend on staying too long, so they didn't take a seat at a table.

"Beautiful brown frame, skin smooth like the wood grain of a car. Thick like you from Houston, like Beyoncé you a star. It's destiny that I met you, can we start working on our child?" He lightly chuckled with the last line.

Too far? Too fast? Baby I ain't Brent Faiyaz, but the women do love me, they say I'm as fly as...him—or better, baby let's change the weather. I wanna take you to the tropics, fine dining and we can touch on different topics—or maybe I can touch you, or shit you can touch me—I ain't complaining.

Excuse me miss, I don't even know your name. But let me go back to that pretty brown frame, I know your mind match too. You can probably teach me all kinds of shit like Erykah Badu. Naw I strike you as the Lauryn type, it could all be so simple if you let it.

But I see me and you together like Keyshia and Gucci Mane—when shit hit the fan can you hold me down? I wanna Ice you out, or put ice on you while we *laughs* you know—I know, we belong together. Like Ying and Yang and no I'm not talking about the twins that be with lil Jon."

The crowd let out a bit of laughter at his last line before they began to send him applause, Amina found herself smiling ear to ear—he was definitely good. A few moments later, the man from the gas station came back on the stage.  "The car is here." Chalyn announced, snapping Amina out of her daze. She briefly caught eyes with him before she turned on her heel to head out the double doors.

August 27th 2022
Dallas, Texas
8:45 pm

Amina put the funds for her suite rent into a white envelope before sealing it, she grabbed her trusty pink pen from her purse and labeled the envelope "Amina Parish's Suite Rent ❤︎" suite rent was never a problem for her, she always made it way before it was even due. She had an abundance of clients because she didn't have any bullshit ass policies or rules like her counterparts. You didn't have to come washed or braided down or have the frontal partially glued on. She was chill and her clients were too.

She made sure her suite was tidy before throwing her purse over her shoulder, and grabbed the envelope and her keys in one swift motion. She locked up and headed to the back to meet her landlord, Chrissy. Amina admired Chrissy in many ways, she loved seeing people the same hue as her doing major shit.

"Here you go." Amina smiled as she handed her the envelope, Chrissy smiled as well, "You and this pink pen—I love it." She lightly chuckled.

"See you tomorrow." Amina called out as she began to walk away, "You too sugar—be safe." She replied, causing Amina to smile. "You too." Amina responded. She made her way all the way to the front before pushing through the doors.

"Free at last." She thought to herself, making her chuckle. Her first stop was getting herself dinner, she couldn't lie and say she cooked regularly—because she didn't. She lived alone, so the leftovers wouldn't get used so she ruled it out most of the time. This would be her first official meal of the day, some days she would skip lunch just so her schedule could flow smoother. She knew clients hated being in the chair for super long, and she hated having them in her chair for super long.