"You think we gone get in?" Amina asked as she hopped out the black truck behind Chalyn. She slightly adjusted her top, although nothing was wrong with it. It was an anxiety response for her. "Hell yeah, I got a connection." Chalyn replied. The girls never minded the whole line and took a spot at the front.

"Wassup Cha." The bouncer greeted Chalyn with a smile on his face. He was a tall buff man, dressed in all black—typical bouncer attire. "Hey Deuce, this is my friend Amina." Chalyn spoke, briefly introducing the two.

"Wassup Miss Amina." Deuce spoke, extending his hand to shake Amina's. "Hello." Amina smiled, shaking his hand.

"Y'all go ahead and go through, ain't no place for y'all standing in line." Deuce announced, moving back the velvet rope. "Thank you Deuce." Chalyn smiled.

"No problem." Deuce slightly tipped his head forward. The girls wasted no time stepping into the club, Spin Bout U by Drake and 21 savage traveled through the speakers and loudly into the club. The duo stopped at the bar, ready to indulge in their first drink of the night.

"What can I got you two chocolate Nubian goddesses?" The bartender asked, both girls internally cringed, they eyed him as if he had 3 heads. As a dark skin woman, Amina hated her skin to be compared to food. Growing up, it felt like that was the only positive thing people could compare it to. She also felt like the bartender was doing too much, chocolate Nubian goddesses had her wanting to jump out of her skin.

"I'll do a shot of tequila." Amina finally spoke, "Open or closed?" He questioned as he grabbed the tiny shot glass. "Open." Amina replied.

"I'll do the same." Chalyn voiced, the girls downed their tequila shots like champs went to explore what the club had to after tonight. They eventually bought a bottle of Clase Azul and began to take more shots, thankfully Amina wasn't a lightweight and she knew her limit. At the end of the day, she only knew Chalyn on a client level—and didn't know if she had any crazy tricks up her sleeve.

A few hours in Amina's social battery started to die, she didn't know if she was ready to go home or to the next spot—but she was definitely tired of The Garden. The Dj wasn't hitting on shit, and once the people from the back of the line made it in—the vibes were gone. "You ready?" Amina asked as she finished her chaser, a small glass of pineapple juice. "I'm ready when you are." Chalyn replied. Everybody knew that was universal code for "I'm ready to go too, I was just waiting on you to say something." The girls closed their tabs before leaving out.

"Shit." Chalyn slightly slurred, "I forgot to tell the black truck to come get us." She announced as she fidgeted on her phone. "My damn phone jumping out my hand." She added, she was definitely feeling her shots.

Amina shivered from the breeze that hit her body as Chalyn called for their ride. As always, she kept her head on a swivel, taking in her surroundings. A slight smile appeared on her face once a familiar sign caught her eye. "Blue's Corner."

"Follow me." Amina demanded as she grabbed Chalyn's hand and headed down the street, momentarily they made their way into the jazz club. Smoke clouds filled the air, light chatter was masked under the sound of Naima by John Coltrane playing. Amina had early memories of this place—She remembered her mother going there on poetry night to recite some of her original poems. Nothing about the place drastically changed, it still had the same feeling and ambiance. Amina remembered mister Blue—the owner very well, she wasn't supposed to be there while her mother was on the mic, but he made an exception for little Amina.

"Ladies and Gentlemen." A deep voice spoke into the microphone, the music stopped causing Amina to look up. To her surprise, on the stage was the man from the gas station that offered to pay for her gas. His locs were freshly twisted and braided into 4 cornrows. He wore an off white cardigan with a pair of of seven jeans, on his feet were a pair of Jordan off white 4s on his feet.