"Oh don't act so innocent!" I hissed as I jumped out of my seat, unfazed by my thousandth punishment.

"You too, Midoriya," the teacher grumbled.

"Huh?!" Midoriya cried while whipping around to face the teacher. "What did I do?"

"He didn't do anything!" I defended.

"I don't care, get out." The teacher sighed. I gritted my teeth and turned my head to look at Bakugo who was snickering to himself. "Now!" He reinforced with more of a shout than a suggestion.

I began shuffling through the seats to exit the room. The chair Midoriya was sitting in scratched the floor as he defeatedly scooted himself from behind his desk. The three of us exited the room.

Once we cleared the doorway, I could feel Bakugo's hot breath tickle the back of my ear as he walked behind me. "You're gonna regret that, Yatsu!"

Yatsu. A cute little nickname he gave me back when we were six. It was his way of telling me how much he hates me. Cute, right?

I just rolled my eyes and quickened my pace. As we headed for the Principal's office, I left the building through the closest exit.

"Where are you going, Ki?" Midoriya paused right outside the doors. "We have to go to the office!"

"Yeah like hell I am," I scoffed, holding the door open for him to follow. "If my mom gets another phone call from the school she'll kill me and then bring me back to write an apology for leaving a mess."

"But you'll be in even more trouble if you just leave," he tried to reason with me through his wide gaze but I didn't fall for it. Not this time. I just shrugged and turned away, letting the door fall closed.

It didn't take long until the doors burst wide again and Midoriya came running after me. He reached for my arm and spun me to face him.

"What Midoriya?"

"Thank you." He said, our eyes locking. The tension between us stabbed at him, making him drop my arm and fidget with his hands. "For sticking up for me."

I raised a brow.

"...again," he grinned nervously.

I planted my hands on my hips and grinned with my chin upturned. "Y'know, you talk all this stuff about being a hero but you keep getting pushed around by Bakugo of all people." His eyes fell. "You're gonna have to start sticking up for yourself if you're gonna go to U.A."

His eyes perked up and a smile appeared.

"Because I won't be there to tell Bakugo off for you." I let my eyes beam into his. Ever since we were kids, Midoriya has always wanted to be a hero. Unfortunately, like me, he never developed a Quirk like the rest of our classmates. We were cursed with the rest of the twenty percent without a power or ability. Despite all that, his dream was to go to the most prestigious hero school: U.A. and become the greatest hero of all time.

Did I believe he could do it? Of course I did. But even so, it made me sad to see him struggle so much just to believe that he could—because he didn't believe in himself. To him, it was just another dream.

"I don't know about all that," Midoriya grinned while scratching the back of his head. "U.A. only has a .2% acceptance rate."

"So?" I scoffed. "If you really think that Bakugo could get in, then you're crazy to believe that you can't." Sometimes I lied to him, though. It was true that Bakugo was an asshole, but he had an amazing Quirk and had potential. I hated to admit it, but he'd probably get in just like he said he would. Compared to him, Midoriya couldn't stand a chance in a fight.