SIX. (nevermore freak in the wild)

ابدأ من البداية

    I've been seeing the therapist for almost a year now and I don't think it's ever really gone anywhere close to the depth my mother hoped I could dig to.

    "Adelaide, I'm here to help you. How about we talk a bit about your dad for the last thirty minutes" She suggested and I scoffed. "my dad? I'm good thanks"

    "if you want to spend yet another session in silence, we can." She let out and I crossed my arms, my eyes shifting to the clock on the wall.

    "or we can jump to the chase, I pretend I need to use the bathroom, you let me go, I open the janky window you never fixed, you pretend not to hear me escape out the window and neither of us tells my mother"   

    Dr. Kinbott let out a sigh before motioning with her hand for me to proceed with the plan. "see you next week Dr. Kinbott" I waved, opening the bathroom door and sliding in.

    "can't wait" She called back to me and I moved towards the window. It had been broken since the first time I escaped through it and it still had yet to be fixed.

    As I stepped out onto the roof of the building I smiled at the light breeze. I moved toward the side of the building and slid my way down the side of the building on the pole attached.

    As I jumped off and landed on the ground I could feel eyes on me. I turned, meeting Wednesday Addams. "impressive" Her dull tone almost made her sound sarcastic.

    "what are you here for?" I asked and she looked towards the building. "forced therapy" She shot back before turning to the vehicle behind her. "your mom is my babysitter"

    "Well, it's easy to ditch her. And if you want to bail out on therapy with Dr. Kinbott, there's a window in the bathroom that's janky. Tell her you need to go and just climb out. Slide down the side of the building and you are free" I advised her and she gave me a nod.

    I took that as my thank you and I shrugged. I looked back to my mother's vehicle and saluted to the black-haired girl before taking off in the other direction.

    I ended up at the Weathervane, sliding into a booth by the door. I looked over to the counter and found Tyler Galpin letting out a frustrated sigh.

    His eyes met mine for a second and I glared at him. I would never admit to wanting to hurt the boy for what he did to Xavier. Mostly because I didn't know why I wanted to hurt the boy for what he did to Xavier.

    "Adelaide" I turned at my name and saw Lucas entering the cafe, his work uniform still on.

    "hey, Lucas" I greeted and watched as the boy slid in on the other side of the booth I was sitting in. "did you get anything yet?" He asked and I shook my head.

    "Do you want something?" He questioned and I shrugged. "just a black coffee" I answered and he smiled before getting up and walking to the counter. I watched as he conversed with Tyler and after a moment or two, the boy was walking back with two drinks in his hand.

    "thank you" I returned his smile and took a small sip of the hot liquid.

    "are you going to the festival this weekend?" Lucas asked me and I nodded. "yeah, attendance is mandatory and I'm pretty sure even if it wasn't, I'd still be forced to go by my mother"

    "same with my dad" Lucas frowned and I held my cup up as a cheers.

    "here's to parents who use their children for public image" I joked and he laughed before clinking his glass against mine.

    The door opened from behind me and I looked back, finding Wednesday walking in. I looked down and my phone and then back to her. "a whole fifteen minutes, not very impressive" I shook my head and she squinted her eyes at me before moving to the counter.