It's Just the Beginning (preview)

picture from pintrest wattpad

"Master, are you awake?"
I threw my eyes open with such energy. Huh? When did I have the ability to move? I looked around and tilted my head. I'm free! But where is this place? To see such beautiful, luxurious decor around this huge room– I felt like a princess! Maybe I transmigrated to a novel just like how manhwas are. God heard my prayers– I am free from being immobile and to the fact I spawned in such a novel! But which?

"What time is it?" I asked a maid next to me. "And what day?"

"Approximately 13:04; and it's November 2nd, my lady," replied the maid. "You must prepare for the ball that's taking place in a month."

"Ah... what ball?"

The maid widened her eyes. As much as I know she tried to keep her face neutral, she was quite taken by surprise.

"The ball you've been adoring about, my lady. It's the crown prince's 23rd birthday. You've been going to boutique shops all week for this event."

This wasn't specific. All the light novels I have read when I was in South Korea always contained a banquet for a crown prince. Moreover, I couldn't just ask who the crown prince was or who I was. That would be suspicious– and I'm not as stupid as the female leads who spawned in manhwas, I'm different.

Abruptly, I stood up, and the maid was even more shocked. "I'm going outside," I said, yawning and stretching my arms up as much as I can.

I closed the door behind me. Man, I could run!

I'm Ha-Joon from South Korea. I was about to graduate from my university until my crutches broke while walking up the stairs. I was disabled. For my entire life, I've been faced with crude comments about me. Having parents who don't give a shit about me felt even worse than those crude comments– I felt lost. However, the only thing that kept me going in life is architecture. I loved watching people remodeling ugly houses to make them a modern masterpiece. I spent my time in my university working hard for this degree until that one moment. I don't remember much from my death, but I know that nobody tried to catch or stop me when I was falling down. I guess the hateful words from reality shook me.

It's ironic. I'm making an introduction just like how every main character of a transmigration manhwa does. No matter what happens– I'm going to live my life the fullest! I might as well do everything I wanted but couldn't do in my past life.

"Roselle," came up in a deep voice as I was walking through the long hallways. "Where are you going?"

"Does it look like I care?" I responded without much thought– but I then clapped my hands over my mouth when I realized what I just said.

I turned back to see a blonde haired man with green eyes. He's so handsome! His delicate and broad shoulders, his long legs, and his pretty face! This must be the main character of the novel. But wait– Roselle?

Roselle...? What was that name? I never heard of that name for my entire life of reading novels. Could it be that I spawned a novel that I have never read before? And who is this man standing before me? I never stared into a mirror ever since I spawned into this world. Could he possibly be my brother? He looks around 24.

"A-ah, brother?" I stared into the man's eyes confusingly.

This perfect image of a man sighed and slapped his face in doubt. Did I do something wrong? After all my light novel readings, there was always a man with blonde hair and green eyes. I tried to run my head through my novels. Broad shoulders, perfect face, and long legs... Who can it be...

Oh! Is it Olivar from The Endless Wonder? It must be! Olivar is a Duke– and this beauty is living in such a luxurious place. It must be him!

"Sorry Olivar, I'm losing my mind–"

"Whose Olivar?" the man said, cutting my words.

My thoughts spiral. HUHH? If this man wasn't Olivar, who could it be..? Ah!

"Viscount Mayer? Houston? George?" I continued spitting out names of a blonde haired man with green eyes, but all I saw from this person in front of me was a huge frown.

"Who are those people?" he asked, while crossing his arms.

"Who are you?" I shot back.

His eyes twitched and his mouth slightly moved. Hah! He's probably shocked by all this nonsense... Well, I am too. But he's so bad at hiding it!

 "Be for real, Roselle..." he muttered.

I wanted to run away. If he wasn't any of those people I just listed, then who is he? Where am I? Who am I?

"Did you lose your mind or something?" he said, as he stared at me. "I'm your fiance, Versace." He groaned. "Hurry up and just do something useful."

Excuse me? Who is he? Does he think he can just push women around? Hah, with that pretty face of his, he must be a feminist. I must get away from this man at once–

"Go and do the paperwork," insisted the man, and he walked away.

"You're a bitch." I said.

His eyes didn't twitch and kept on walking away. Does this novel have no definition of "bitch"? It wasn't my concern, but I did not know what paperwork the mysterious figure had said– so I pushed it away.

As for now, I'll let my freedom run free!