"huh?"

he heard him. thats awkward. renjun tried to look away to get out of this uncomfy situation he accidentally put himself in but not long after he felt another tap on his shoulder. he tried to ignore it. the class started over 10 minutes ago yet he didnt manage to write anything down because of this weird guy sitting behind him. he felt a tap again, this time on his back.

"what?"

"you never answered me, wanna be friends?"

"are you kidding me?" renjun snapped at him.
"you're using informal language to a person you don't know, completely interrupting his studying and you're still asking him if he wants to be friends? have some common sense." he takes a deep breath before he says his last words.

"the answer is no."

haechan was not surprised a single bit. he expected it. unfortunately not many people had the same type of immature humor that he had and he just had to deal with it. he decided that even though he's annoying as hell, he wouldn't bother renjun anymore, at least not until class ended. in the end, he didnt want a fellow classmate of his to struggle because of him.

the school bell rang and it was finally break time. all the students were getting up and leaving with their friends to get snacks, walk around the school and gossip or generally just have some time to relax. the only people left in the classroom were haechan and renjun. haechan was there because he never leaves the classroom during breaks since he likes his alone time and well, renjun, as silly as it sounds, didn't know where to go. he wanted to buy himself some food but he had no idea where he'd have to walk to find a vending machine so he ended up staying in the classroom hoping he wouldn't get too hungry. 5 minutes have passed and none of the guys ended up moving at all and no words have been spoken. nothing. radio silence. renjun was confused that his classmate wasnt bothering him at a time like this so out of suspicion he turned his head back to look behind him.

"hey why are y-" renjun stopped himself. he was about to ask why haechan wasnt bothering him at all even though there was no one else in the classroom and it would be a perfect opportunity to tease him, but instead he ended up saying nothing after seeing him asleep on his desk.
the atmosphere felt weird, renjun wanted to turn away and finish his notes while he still could, but at the same time he just couldn't take his eyes off the boy sleeping right behind him. as annoying as haechan might have been, his looks were a whole different story. he had silky brown hair, beautiful tan skin and this soft and cute look to him. funnily enough, he seemed to be renjuns type. renjun kept looking at him for a few more seconds before snapping out of it.

"he might be pretty but it doesnt change the fact hes an absolute asshole, i cant just forget about it because hes cute" he thought to himself.

renjun couldn't really tell if haechan was a loser without friends or some sort of a bully. at first he was convinced the guy was just way too irritating to have friends but after taking that closer look at his face he couldn't believe a face like that wouldn't have any friends. it only makes sense for him to be some sort of bad person right? was his little teasing today actually meant to be something with ill intent? now renjun became paranoid.

the time was going incredibly slow and renjun was endlessly waiting for the classes to end. each lesson just felt longer and longer and renjun was starting to feel exhausted. it was currently 2pm, which meant thankfully there was only one class left before renjun could go home and rest. suddenly a loud noise could be heard from his stomach. right.. he completely forgot he never ended up getting anything to eat. thankfully nobody seemed to have heard it. math class came to an end and renjun was getting ready to walk out of the classroom and hope he ends up finding the vending machine without getting lost but then a familiar voice calls his name.

"renjun-hyung" it was haechan.

"hyung?" renjun asks.

"im not sure if you even know my age, but if you got so upset i assumed you must've been older than me, so i tried using hyung to be more polite"

"ah.. right.." renjun awkwardly answers.
"isnt hyung a bit much? im pretty sure we're the same age so forget it, i overreacted, i just didnt understand why you were acting like we're super close. leave me alone though please"

renjun attempted to leave the classroom but of course that didn't go to plan.

"hey where are you going? can i come with you? do you want me to show you around? actually where did you go to school before this? wh-"

"what do you want from me?" renjun asked tiredly.

"sorry.."

so it seems haechan wasnt a bully after all. he was just very very annoying. wouldnt leave you alone, would tease you and make fun of you, would cling to you like a sloth and most importantly would not shut up no matter what you did. this was actually far from what renjun looked for in friendships. he wasnt the biggest fan of skinship, nor talking, actually. not to mention he wasnt very confident so teasing him made him feel a bit bad about himself. so as pretty as haechan mightve been renjun couldn't help but find him annoying and lowkey hate him.

haechan ended up leaving him alone and renjun successfully found the vending machine. he was surprised to see they had packaged strawberries in a vending machine, it wasn't just 3 strawberries either, it looked like quite a few. renjun knew the strawberries must have tasted nasty if they were coming from a plastic container in a school vending machine, but he couldnt help but be curious about them, especially when strawberries were his favorite fruit. he ended up buying the strawberries and to his surprise, they were actually quite good.