chapter 𝐭𝐞𝐧.

En başından başla

"Okay, let's see how good a boxer you really are!" Roger exclaimed.

"Roger, take it easy! Take it easy!" Brian yelled, holding the drummer back. Freddie moved into position, holding his fists up. "Alright, Muhammad Ali." The three stopped as they heard something. They turned their attention to Deacy, finding him sitting on the drum raisers as he played a riff on his base. "That's... that's- that's quite... that's quite a cool riff actually."

"Hmm. You wrote that?" Freddie asked. Deacy didn't answer, just gave him a pointed stare. "That's really good."

"Yes, it will be... if you all can just shut up and play," the bassist exasperated.

Brian tapped Freddie's arm, who argued in response, "He started it."

"Oh, shut up!"

As Deacy started the riff again, Freddie switched the bottle of beer with the sheet of music in Roger's hand. Your husband looked over at you, and you shrugged, sending him a smile. 

Freddie began to walk circles around the drummer as he spoke-sang. "Steve walks warily

Down the street,

With the brim pulled

Way down low.

Ain't no sound but

The sound of his feet,

Machine guns ready to go.

Are you ready?

Are you ready for this? 

Are you hanging on

The edge of your seat?

Out of the doorway

The bullets rip.

"Okay, I'll do it," Jim declared.

To the sound of the beat.

He cupped his hands over his mouth, repeating, "I'll do it!"

Soon, the boys had started practicing and playing, making small changes and extra adaptations wherever they thought it was needed. Roger played with a cigarette in his mouth, often sending you a wink, to which you would roll your eyes and continue working with Jim.

 Roger played with a cigarette in his mouth, often sending you a wink, to which you would roll your eyes and continue working with Jim

"Oh, just improvise. Just give it whatever you want," Deacy said to Freddie.

"I can do that!" the singer smiled.

"Steve walks warily

Down the street,

With the brim pulled

Way down low.

Ain't no sound but

The sound of his feet,