"I love you," Ron murmurs into the kiss. Oh. My. God. Did he just say -

Pansy breaks away and looks at him in shock before a smile breaks out across her face.

"I love you too."

Ron grins in relief (as if there was any doubt), blue eyes shining. The two lean in for another kiss.

Aah. How sweet.

08:27/ THURSDAY 28TH OCTOBER/ GREAT HALL/ BREAKFAST

NARRATOR P.O.V

"So, who are 08:27/ THURSDAY 28TH OCTOBER/ GREAT HALL/ BREAKFAST

NARRATOR P.O.V

"So, who are you going to the ball with?"

"Blaise Zabini, you."

"Theodore Nott. Ever since Dramione, every lioness wants a snake of her own"

"OMG. Who do you think the other Platinum Six members are going with?"

"Well, apparently, Harry's going with Ginny."

"No way."

"Yeah, Theo told me. And Draco and Hermione are mean to be going together."

"You're lying! They broke up ages ago!"

"Well, have you noticed how close they've been getting lately? It's only a matter of time?"

"hey, you guys, have you heard the latest? Thalia told Alicia who told Maddie who told Emma who told me that Bell saw Pansy and Ron down by the lake making out."

"NO!"

"Totally! Oh my God, they would make the cutest couple!"

"I bet they're gonna go together!"

"I can't wait!"

15:53/ THURSDAT 28TH OCTOBER/ CLASSROOM 17/ TRANSFIGURATION

NARRATOR P.O.V

FROM: Gingernut
TO: Pachica

SUBJECT: The Ball

Will you with me? I'd really love it if you did.

Love you,

Ron

After sending the email, Ron puts away his Sidekick, his eyes now on the blonde witch sitting tow tables ahead of him. A few moments pass before we hear a muffled buzzing and she reacts instantly, pulling out her phone. After scanning the email, she turns around and nods, a smile on her face. Ron grins back and leans back in his chair. Harry gives him the thumbs up. He already asked the youngest Weasley last night.

DRACO P.O.V

Well done to Ron. I still haven't got a date - out of choice, of course. I want to ask Hermione to go with me, but I'm scared she may turn me down.

12:43/ FRIDAY 29TH OCTOBER/ HEADS'S QUARTERS/ KITCHEN

DRACO P.O.V

I still haven't gathered up the courage to ask Hermione to go with me to the Ball. I mean, I've been thinking about it and I thought that maybe if I just ask her to go with me as a friend, then - but those annoying flutterings in my stomach that I always get when I'm around her, appear whenever I even think about it.

See? Just like they are now.

Sighing in disgust at myself, I walk into the airy kitchen to find Hermione sitting at the island in the middle, eating ice cream. She smiles at me (there are those damn butterflies again) and I grin back. She's fully dressed and so I think she must be about to go out. Dumbledore's given the entire school the day off to get ready for tomorrow's Ball and 7th Years and above permission to leave the grounds. I pull open the fridge door and examine the contents.