"my mother was a whore."

    Hanma stops his ramble, your voice is soft but it pierces through the thick air so easily. enough for the dancing breeze to seize its conquest, all that's left in the atmosphere is a boy, a girl, a gravestone in front of them, and the scent of burning cigarette smoke.

    "your...mother?"

    you turn your head in his direction. "i never got the luxury to meet her, she died when i was a toddler so i barely know her. i've only found out recently that she's a whore, with my older brother's biological father and my biological father." you spoke with a casual undertone, reaching out to grab a can of beer from Hanma's little grocery plastic between you two.

    the beer can clicks and hisses open, "my biological father is a Kisaki." you take a gullible sip, resting your gaze on the boy as you map out the emotions contorted in his face.

    when he notices you staring, his eyes reel back to boredom, he clicks his tongue giving you a wry smile. "why are you telling me this?"

    "you're the only one close to my otouto, Hanma Shuji-san."

     "so you already know who i am?" Hanma tilts his head, sizing you up once and for all. vile and selfish: like what Mucho had said of you. you weren't here to visit your blood-related younger brother, and Hanma should feel offended, knowing his friend's family member didn't come to visit him but he feels something familiar burning in his gut.

    he licks his lips, "what business do you have with me, y/n l/n—or better yet, Kisaki-san?"

    you halt for a split second, finally scowling up at him. "just call me y/n. i'm not officially a Kisaki, and l/n is my mother's family name." you wave a hand. "and i'd rather not make my family issues more confusing for you, Hanma-san."

    "alright then, but you came to me for help about your family."

    "quick-witted of you." you praised him.

    he sends you a vile grin. "i guess you can say i have a uhh, a talent, for picking up true intentions. believe me, it's such a useful tool."

    "tool." you lick your teeth. "from what i've heard you consider yourself a tool as well."

    Hanma refrains the urge from rolling his eyes at you. "you wanna hire me, doll? forgive me but as of now, my terms of service is raised to a significant degree, i don't think even someone as rich as you could afford."

    "then, would you be willing to help if i gave you an insight on something?"

    Hanma doesn't say anything, that allowed you to continue. "Tetta Kisaki's cause of death was from a vehicle accident." you state dully at the gravestone of your brother. "a truck, quite a tragic accident really. the driver faced such heavy charges since he's at fault for being behind the wheel—"

    "get straight to the fucking point—"

    "the truck driver and the truck was filled with unwarranted and proscribed drugs. illegally shipped in from Korea."

    there is a pause. "huh?"

    "that illegal drug transaction led back to a company named Quoia." you reached out, twirled a piece of his long blond-black hair away from his face and continued,