Chapter 6: Misunderstandings

Börja om från början

Max stepped forward. For some reason, he wanted to comfort the stalker. He had a strong compulsion to hold him in his arms and let him cry whatever was wrong out of his heart. What was he thinking? This boy was a stalker after his best friend.

"Leave before I call the police, NOW!" Max yelled, and the boy ran away, tears streaming down his face.

Max felt terrible, but he had to do it. He had to protect his friend, who was hurt inside his condo. But he felt sorry for having to break the boy the way he did. He is two for two this week.

He went into Zee's condo and shut the door, hoping his friend was doing better.

NuNew ran to his car and got in. Tears streamed down his face so hard he was afraid he would not be able to drive, but he needed to get as far away from Zee Pruk Panich and his faen before they destroyed him.

As NuNew pulled away, the man with the camera came out from his hiding place.

"Problem solved. No need for any further action." He stepped back into the shadows, waiting. The man swore he knew that kid from somewhere.

                                                 Zee

Zee woke up, his heart light, his body aching with pain, but he didn't care. Life was great. He reached for his faen, but he was not there.

He was probably making lunch or cleaning up the mess they made. He always seemed to be picking up. He was a neat freak, and his faen appeared to sense that and helped him keep things tidy. He slowly got out of bed.

The pain was worse today than yesterday, but he had to get up. He needed to hold Nu.

When Zee came out of the bedroom, he saw Max sitting on the sofa, flipping through TV channels. He was irritated that he had broken into their marital bliss.

He knew that whatever he was here for, it was not good. He seemed to be beating up his TV remote. He stood in front of Max and glared.

"Max, what are you doing here? What happened to you? Why did you come here after I asked P'Aof to keep everyone away?"

Zee kept looking around, decided that Nu must be in the bathroom, and turned back to Max.

"So, why are you here? I don't want you here. I want time with my faen," Zee glared.

Max was confused and wondering what the hell Zee was talking about. He must have hit his head or had a dream that seemed real.

"What faen? There was no one in the house. Only some crying stalker kid that almost got in your house. Are you ok? Did you hit your head when you fell? Max looked at him, worried.

Zee used his good arm and grabbed Max by the front of his shirt

"What did you do? Where is he?" Zee screamed, almost losing his mind at that second.

"Zee, what the hell is wrong with you? Let go of me. He is gone. I told him you were my faen and he needed to leave before I called the police. What the hell is going on," Max was beginning to freak out. He had never seen Zee like this, EVER!

"You just ran off the only thing that mattered in my life, "Zee fell on the sofa and buried his head in his hands. He could feel the tears gathering in his eyes.

Max was freaking out. What the hell just happened?

"You mean that cute boy I wanted to comfort when I made him cry is your LIFEMATE, max screeched.

"Say that again if you don't want to live," Zee's growl was menacing.

Max sat back, stunned, staring at the wall, his face blank until he muttered, "I met mine and screwed that up too," his head bowed, his eyes squeezing shut.