3- Salad & Tenders

Comincia dall'inizio

"I'm here to drop her off for her appointment." He said jadedly typing away on his phone.

I discreetly roll my eyes letting out a sigh, "You check in at the front desk?"

He cast me a glance before turning his attention back to his phone, "I did."

I send him a stiff smile grabbing Bumblebee's leach, "Well I'll take it from here."

He turn on his heels leaving without a word, and when he was out of sight I look down the adorable puppy looking up at me, "Your father need to learn some manners." I murmur.

"Who do we have here?" I hear Astryd's voice come from behind me, "Did Carter drop her off just now?"

"Who?"

"Carter, Bumblebee's owner. You met him like a months ago when Alice got food poisoning and he had to pick Bumblebee up from her appointment. He's friends with Leo and Sorren." She explains, and I can faintly remember what she's talking about.

"I knew he looked familiar when I bumped  into him. He's the rude ass I told you about yesterday, explains why he's friends with Leo."

She furrows her perfectly shaped brows, "Really? I don't think Carter's that bad."

"Me and his lack of manners beg to differ."

"Aw poor baby." She coos pinching my cheek, "But I actually came to tell you you're needed in room two o'eight. Emergency cataract surgery for one of the cats."

I nod, "Do you mind taking Bee and giving her her check up?"

"Yeah, I got her from here." She takes the dog leach from my hand.

•••••••

I release a sigh closing my apartment door behind me. I kick off my shoes at the front door dropping my bag and making a beeline to my room.

Stripping out of my scrubs I fall face first onto my yellow comforter letting myself sink into the mattress. I stare at the large enclosure across the room below my Spider-Man poster that holds the most adorable reptile on the planet.

Getting up from the bed I walk over to the enclosure and open the top. I reach in and gently grab Lola, supporting her head and underside.

"How's my favorite girl been?" I peck the tip of her face.

Her forked tongue sticks out shortly before retrieving back and I take it as her saying: I've been great.

Lola was a banana chocolate ball python. I got her when I first moved to California, she'd been neglected and was in bad conditions, so I decided to take her in. We've been together ever since.

I place her back into her enclosure when I hear my phone being notified for a message from Astryd.

Comet- Start getting ready. Be there at 8. Dress semi  formal. Eating at that place next to Julio's

Looking at the time I had about two hours to get ready.

Sighing I reply to text before putting my phone on the charger. Before getting in the shower I light a ylang-ylang scented candle to set a calming aura.