For The Next Millennium

Start from the beginning

"Nicely done. At this rate, you'll drive the entire family away." Freya remarks.

 ¥¥¥

The tourist applaud around her as she bows at the admiration, a grin makes a way onto her face as the begin to throw money into her violin case, the outside decorated in stickers from various stores and symbols dawned in neon colors, as they begin to walk away she can hear the faint sound of a voice. 

"I've heard better." She scoffs rolling her eyes turning her attention to see an older man with white hair looking her direction with distaste, she crosses her arms.

"Excuse me sir , if you didn't want to listen to the music you could have kept walking." Her voice loud. 

"I would have but you and your screechy music caught a crowd." The man rebuttals towards her, she scoffs rolling her eyes at his attitude towards her. 

"Yes, because this is Jackson Square, the biggest tourist trap for people like you and if you dont wanna see a crowd then dont walk here." She fumed in anger, the old man shakes his head. 

"You better watch your mouth missy ." He tells her, "No, you do not get to speak to me like that, Like I said sir if you dont wanna listen to music walk somewhere else." 

A fake smile makes its way onto her face as she looks him the eyes. "You have a lovely day sir." Her voice sweet, he grumbles before turning away walking away not seeing her bite her lip, victorious. No stranger to dealing with criticism from people, it was her side job to take it. 

She bends down going through her case, sorting through the money and change she had received during the night, she smiles counting in her head, realizing the she had earned over two hundred dollars more then she earns during the afternoon plays. 

"You're really good." A smooth english voice tells her, she sighs at the compliment looking up from the ground to see a man with dark brown hair styled up with a dark brown stubble that paired with his alluring eyes that bore into equally dark small iris, he donned a leather jacket with a a green sweater underneath,  her styled reminded her of something she had seen in indie film. 

"Thank you, at least someone thinks so." She says flustered standing up, she pulls her zipper jacket closer to herself as the brisk October air nips at her cheeks. "Does that happen often?" 

"Most nights, usually it's just cranky tourists." She tells the man, he nods his head listening to her, she furrows her brows glancing towards him. "Im sorry have we met before?" 

"I dont think so." He answers, she shakes her head not believing him, she looks once more his dark hair seeming fimmilar, she remembers the night in the bar, the light music and the mysterious round of shots sent her way already paid for. 

"Lunar Raid, you were the man that bought us that round of shots." She realizes, he rubs the back of his neck flustered, he bites his lip as he grins.  "You know if you wanted to talk to me you could have just walked up to me." 

"Well i'm not really one for conversations." The man admits to her, she nods her head lightly. "So alcohol is your way communication." 

"And other things." He says his eyes gazing upon her, she blushes lightly as she feels a small wave of heat was over her. "I'm sorry where are my manners, Im Henrik." 

"Interesting name." 

"My parents are..were old fashion." Henrik hesitates, her jaw drops agape briefly.

 "Oh, well my parents chose my name from a baby book, guess your's looked through an old one."  she chuckles lightly, she could feel herself face palming at her awkward demeanor towards the man in front of her, she was never good at talking with men, specially one's that were good looking.