"So, why don't you tell me about yourself?" He asked as we walked.

"Well, what do you want to know about?" I questioned.

"Anything, I guess. Your likes, your interests, hobbies. All that stuff." He answered.

"Alright." I said. "Well, there's nothing really much about me. You could say I'm a simple person. Well, where I'm from, at least."

"Wonderland?" He spoke.

"Yes. Everything is mad, even me. You probably already know what." I said as I rolled my eyes. He nodded agreeing. "Anyways, my likings are similar to my friends. It's to a minimum. Chess, music, the color blue, gold, and white, cheesecake, and sleep."

"Well, that's one way to narrow it down," he chuckled.

"So what about you?" I asked looking up at him.

"Pretty much the same thing. I love a good cheeseburger every now in then. It doesn't have to be proper. I like reading and doing my job of being a prince." He explained.

"Interesting." I muttered. The harsh wind nipped at my skin as my hair flew along with it. My teeth began to chatter in the cold air as I held myself tighter to get myself warm.

"You're cold. Here." Dexter pulled off his leather coat and draped it around my shoulders. I clung onto the fabric as his warmth remained along with a hint of cologne of old spice. Hmm, nice.

"Thanks, but you didn't have to." I shook my head slowly at him.

"It's fine, I insist." He said with a smile. I smiled in return for his gesture.

"Thank you," I muttered.

"I do have a question for you, though." He said. He stopped walking which made me pause as he faced towards me. "Are you a royal or a rebel?" I thought for a moment as I considered his words. What am I, really?

"I'm not sure, exactly. Yeah, I tend to not follow the rules and I am a rule breaker. I do not abide to such nonsense. Ironic, isn't it? I'm a ruler without rules. So yes, maybe I am a rebel." I said. "You?"

"Royal," he simply said.

"Wonderful," I grinned.

"Y-you don't find that weird? That we're together?" He asked. Together? But this wasn't even technically a date. I was only helping him out with the bet he got himself in. I didn't even have to help him, but I did.

"Why should I? I'm not against you or anyone. Royal or rebel or even roybel just defines who you are. It shouldn't get in front of what is real. Friendship. Loyalty. Trust. That's what matters. That's important. Not some label that's on the top of your head. It just means that you want to follow your destiny or start your own.

Do you think that we should all just do what we think is right and not consider the value of friends? Should destiny be that important to not include friends who aren't the same? Sorry, I was ranting. That was a stupid thing to say." I kept going on with apologies.

"It's okay. And thanks. Some people honestly don't realize that. They need to hear this. Especially Apple White." Dexter said.

"Who's she?" I asked as I tilted my head to the side curiously.

"She's just a girl that thinks destiny is the ultimate key to living. She has the perfect life so of course she doesn't want anything to go wrong. She thinks too much of it and can't let it loose. She thinks we'll all go poof if we don't follow our destiny." He explained.

"Well, I highly doubt you'll go poof. It's not likely." I said. That's when I heard a loud clock ringing in the distance. It only lasted for about twelve seconds. It was midnight.

"We better get going," Dexter said. I nodded in agreement as we walked up to the stairs of the castle and walked inside. He followed me down the halls as we reached to the girls dormitory. We stopped right at my door.

"Thanks for a wonderful evening, Dexter. I quite enjoyed myself with you." I said with a smile.

"I should be thanking you. You really helped me out there. I appreciate your help, and I too did have a wonderful time." He grinned. "We should do this again. You know, if you want to."

I giggled as I leaned in and pecked his cheek. "I would love to, Dexter." I saw a his cheeks brighten into a blush.

"O-okay," he nodded.

"Bye, Dex." I giggled.

"Thanks once again, Isabella. I'm pretty sure other girls would just say no to me. But you didn't. And I think my friend would laugh at me about it if I didn't. So yeah, thanks. I really owe you one." He said and then he kissed my cheek. I watched him walk away before unlocking my door and heading inside.

Just then, I realized I was still wearing his jacket. I ran out of my room and down the hall, but it was too late. He was already gone. I'll have to give it to him tomorrow. With a sigh, I walked back and settled his jacket on a chair next to my bed.

Hi! Just a reminder to don't forget to vote! Thank you for all your love and support! ❤️