His hand clasped around the back of the seat, but it stopped halfway across the stone floor as he tried dragging it out. "Nice try." Malfoy's voice said gruffly.

"I was put in charge of her." Adrain's look reflected the one that Draco and Graham always carried— emotionless and completely unbothered.

"That doesn't mean I have to give you my seat." Draco hissed back, pulling the chair out himself and slipping into it. "Sit behind her." He ordered. Malfoy gestured towards the empty seat at the next table, and Adrian grew annoyed.

I kept my eyes forwards and my head hung low. The more my hair hid me away from both of them, the better.

"Malfoy." Pucey tapped his foot and leaned on the desk with both hands. "Don't make this complicated-"

"What's complicated about it?" He furrowed his dark brows and tipped his head. "I know I'm much more intelligent, but don't tell me you can't even comprehend how to find an empty chair in a classroom on your own." Draco kept his voice hushed as his eyes flickered towards the empty chair again.

"Don't worry about it, Pucey. I know the drill. A step out of line, and I'm shooting a letter to Montague." Draco sunk into his seat. Adrian stared at him for a minute, but Draco's harsh stare was convincing enough for me. He was far from being on my side. "He's on my side now, remember?" Draco laid his covered forearm out on the table to communicate his thoughts with Pucey.

The brunette nodded shortly before he moved to the row behind us. My heartbeat echoed in my eardrums and I waited silently for the lesson to begin. My shaky fingers lifted my quill and started jotting down notes.

My opposite palm warmed in my lap and my gaze flickered down to catch Draco's wand leave the skin at the last second. I rolled out the parchment I found in my hand.

Roof. Tonight @ 8. Don't be late.

I gulped and placed the note in the pocket of my robes. I sunk further into my seat and hid behind my hair even more to avoid that boy that was pretending I didn't exist next to him.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

I was so worried about being late that I had showed up half an hour early. Anything to please the blonde that I felt like I was in debted to. One wrong move, and he'd send an owl to Graham and tell him everything he needed to in order to get me in trouble.

The air was cold and the black sky blanketed everything with shadows. Not even the moon or the stars could be seen through the thick clouds that hovered over the castle and Scottish highlands.

The usual ladder creaked in the silence. The wind rippled through my hair and bit my cheeks. Draco casually walked across the area and took a seat a few feet from me to my left, his scent so strong that it drifted towards me in the wind.

I kept my legs folded against my chest and my arms wrapped tightly around them. The cigarette between my lips gave me a split second to enjoy a buzz of feeling before it slowly slipped away, making me repeat the process every few minutes.

"You should really give those up." His drawling voice broke up the silence in the air.

"You smoke them." I kept my gaze out over the Black Lake that went on for miles in front of us.

"I do much worse things than smoke cigarettes." He retorted. He reached over and stole the butt from my hand before he dragged in the smoke for himself. "Besides, you're too pretty for cigarettes. Isn't that what they always tell girls?" He blew the smoke in my direction and I leaned away from it with a grimaced.