Day One of Hell

"A secret's worth depends on the people from whom it must be kept." –Carlos Ruiz Zafón

Waking up early is never fun. We can all agree on that... Well, except for maybe (Y/N). She, like every other day, wakes up earlier than everyone else because of her night terrors. When her eyes shoot open this time, just to discover that she was in her bed; she was relieved. Like always, her sister was sleeping on the other side of the room peacefully, and she could hear her father snoring in the other room.

Relief washed over her, and she quietly grabbed her phone off of the nightstand beside her bed, and her bracelet with the metal sun charm on it. As her phone screen lights up, she winces and turns the brightness down to check the time. "Five forty-one... Right." Sighing, (Y/N) walks over to their door as silently as possible. Heading out of their room and gently closing the door behind her, (Y/N) flicks on the switch, waking up Jupiter.

"Morning Jupiter!" She whispers, as to not wake anyone up. Jupiter wiggles over to her, excited to see his person awake. She pets his head gently and flips the switch above their stove, pulling out a carton of eggs and two pieces of bread. The girl pops the bread into the toaster and then heats up her pan, cracking the eggs and grabbing a plate, sliding it onto the table.

Giving Jupiter his food in his bowl, he rushes over to eat with the girl at the table. She grabs the milk from the fridge and stands at the table, dumping her eggs onto the plate and spreading butter on her toast. Sitting down and taking a chomp out of her toast, she hears her fathers' alarm go off for work. He groans from the other room and soon enough, opens the door to see his youngest daughter already awake; once again.

"Good morning sweetie, another nightmare?" Nathan asks. "Yes.." She responds quietly, focusing on downing her food to get ready for school. The younger girl had butterflies in her stomach, not feeling ready to go into a new school. Nathan sits down beside her, patting her on the head gently. (Y/N) flinches away slightly, but untenses when she realizes she wouldn't be hurt.

"Don't worry about what your sister said, alright? You'll be fine my little Melody." Nathan hugs his daughter from the side, and she leans her head onto his shoulder in comfort. "Thanks dad."

After finishing up her breakfast, she could hear Delilah stirring in the other room. As the younger sister walks back into their shared room, she flips the light switch to reveal her sister. "Del, wake up. It's time to get up and for you to go to school." (Y/N) gently shakes her sister, hearing her groan in response.

The younger girl gives an annoyed look, and yanked her sister's blanket off of her, leaving her without warmth. Delilah's eyes shoot open as she glares at her sister, sitting up as said younger sister gives her a smug look in return. "I hate you sometimes, you know that?" (Y/N) just nods in acknowledgement.

She digs around in their shared closet, tossing out a pair of black ripped jeans and a white t-shirt. Delilah watches her dig around for clothes, as she shuffles through their dresser to grab a similar pair of jeans and a sweater. "Can I borrow your jacket?" (Y/N) asks, holding up a muted green jacket.

Delilah just glances over and waves a hand nonchalantly, as (Y/N) pokes her head out of the closet to see what she says. "Thank you." Delilah just nods and gets dressed, not saying a word as she was still half asleep.

~Time Skip~

"Bye dad, I'll see you when I get home." (Y/N) grins at her family, waiting by the door to wish her well. "Good luck on your first day kiddo." "Yeah good luck! You have your bracelet?" Delilah asks, holding up her wrist. On her wrist was a silver colored bracelet with a metal moon charm, about as thick as a takeout cup lid. (Y/N) holds up her wrist in response, showing off her golden bracelet with the sun charm. They were both enclosed in a circle with a picture on the inside.