Reignition (SMUT)

Start from the beginning

"Wow," I heard from behind me. It was a faint mumble, filled with attitude, but it caught my attention and of course, I turned my head slightly to see MJF staring me down and Wardlow was by his side. We briefly made eye contact, but Wardlow turned his head. Just like earlier, I could feel that emotion again, it being in his eyes more than mine.

"Y/N," Nathan smirked, finally grabbing my attention, "I can't stay with you unfortunately, but I just wanted to let you know how great you did tonight. This was such a fun experience. I loved watching you in the ring."

"I'm glad you enjoyed yourself," I smirked, "And thank you."

"Of course," Nathan smiled, kissing my cheek.

Truthfully, I kind of felt guilty, watching Wardlow while another man kissed my cheek and ended up walking me to my car. As much as I hated to admit it, I wasn't over Wardlow. Not one bit. He stole my heart and I never got it back. 

That little bit of guilt really brought me down, my car ride to the hotel silent as I was just thinking way too much, my hotel bed calling my name as I was hoping a goodnight's sleep would help. All I could think about was getting to that bed, but taking my time as I parked the car, getting my suitcase out of the trunk. 

"You got to be freaking kidding me," I groaned to myself, bending down quickly, "This gear is like, brand new."

I dropped my suit case and it broke open, my gear falling out.

"Let me help you with that," I heard from above, the trunk closing.

My heart was pounding in my chest as I looked up to see Wardlow, a small smirk on his face as he helped me with my suitcase. Once it was all fixed, I stood up, sighed, "Thanks."

"No problem," Wardlow smirked, his eyes locking onto mine.

There was nothing but silence as we stood in front of one another. There were no words, but we both knew what we wanted to say. I wanted to walk away, but I just couldn't.

Finally, the silence was broken as he said, "I just wanted to tell you that I'm happy for you. You made it to the big leagues and you still kick ass like you always have."

"Thanks," I chuckled nervously, "It's not like the indies, but I'm getting used to it and having a good time."

"Yeah, you must be. I noticed you had a special guest, tonight," Wardlow sighed, his voice becoming a bit serious.

His comment made my heart beat even faster, I even stumbled on a few of my words, trying to chuckle as I said, "If that's what you want to call it."

"I don't mean to invasive or anything," Wardlow began, but I interrupted him as I said:

"You're fine. Don't worry about it."

At that point the nervousness was hitting me hard, my eyes just looking to the ground as I was ready to walk away again, but Wardlow said to me:

"Y/N, I'm sorry."

I stopped dead in my tracks, slowly meeting his gaze, listening carefully as he said, "I'm tired of beating around the bush and avoiding it like we have. I basically just left you and-"

"Wardlow, it's okay. You wanted to do something with your career. You wanted to reach your goals. Don't be sorry because you did what was best for you," I stressed.

"We had two amazing years together, Y/N and I just left. I should have never done that to the love of my life," Wardlow sighed quietly, adding, "I still love you."

At that point, my emotions were getting the better of me. I still loved him too and I made that known as I just hugged him. He hugged me back in an instant and it felt so good to have one of his hugs that I haven't had in so long.