"Was there a reason you didn't communicate with your team?" Mav raised his eyebrows.

"I was focusing on," Coyote began.

"One that their family will accept at the funeral." Mav lectured. Storm and Phoenix shared a glance and then Storm and Rooster shared one.

"None sir," Coyote shook his head.

"Why did you anticipate the turn?" Mav looked at Phoenix, "You were briefed on the terrain. Don't tell me tell it to Storms family."
Phoenix looked over at Storm.

Mav flipped the training radar back on watching it and pausing as Fanboy and Payback would've hit the wall.

"What happened?" Mav looked at Hangman.

"I flew as fast as I could. Kind of like my ass depended on it." Hangman smirked. Storm rolled her eyes she couldn't bare to listen to Hangman more than half the time.

"And you put your team in danger and your wingman's dead." Rooster looked over at Hangman.

"They couldn't keep up." Hangman smirked and shook his head.

Mav put Roosters video on and paused it at the end, "Why're you dead? You're team leader up there why are you, why is your team dead?" Mav glared at Rooster.

"Sir, he's the only one who made it to the target." Storm looked up at her dad half challenging him.

"A minute late. He gave enemy aircraft time to shoot him down. He is dead." Mav lectured her challenging her back.
When Mazy was a teenager when she started to know things and call her dad on his shit. She constantly was left on a base over seas sitting in a house unsure if her dad would come back.
Mazy tried to keep contact with Bradley as they grew up. Usually it was over email until they were older and had phones.

Mav knew if he challenged Mazy she wouldn't back down.

"You don't know that," Rooster shook his head.

"You're not flying fast enough. You don't have a second to waste." Hangman shook his head.

"We made it to the target." Rooster shrugged.

"And superior enemy aircraft intercepted you on your way out." Mav stepped forward. Mazy was ready to jump in.

"Then it's a dog fight." Rooster sat forward.

"Against a fifth generation fighters." Mav yelled at him.

"Yeah we'd still have a chance." Rooster was getting mouthy with him and Mazy knew this wasn't going to go over well.

"In a F-18." Mav began.

"It's not the planes sir it's the pilots." Rooster raised his voice.

"Exactly!" Mav yelled and he knew as he said that, that he shouldn't have. Roosters face faltered and Mazy looked back at Rooster quick then shot her dead a death glare. Her eyes narrowing and she sat forward more.

"There's more than one way to fly this mission." Mazy butt in.

"You two really don't get it. On this mission a man flies like Maverick here. Or a man doesn't come back. No offense intended." Hangman smirked at Storm and Phoenix.

"Yet somehow you always manage." Storm leaned forward smirking at Hangman. Phoenix scowled at the blonde both just wanted to punch him.

"Look I don't mean to criticize. You're conservative, that's all." Hangman began.

"Lieutenant." Mav warned.

"We're going into combat on a level no living pilots ever seen. Not even him." Hangman nodded to Mav, "That's no time to be thinking about the past that goes for you too, Mazy Mitchell." Hangman let the M roll off his lips. Mazy saw red at that moment and Phoenix grabbed her leg to keep her down.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Rooster glared at Hangman.

"Rooster, Storm." Mav warned the two.

"I can't be the only one that knows Maverick flew with his old man and that Maverick is Mazy's old man." Hangman smirked.

"That's enough," Maverick raised his voice.

"Or that Maverick was flying when his old man," Rooster jumped at his throat. Storm was up in a second and grabbed onto Rooster.

"Lieutenant that's enough!" Maverick scattered forward grabbing his daughter off of Rooster as Payback and Fanboy grabbed Rooster and the rest grabbed Hangman.

"That's enough!" Mav yelled.

"You son of a bitch!" Rooster pointed at Hangman.

"Hey come on!" Coyote yelled. Mav had his arms wrapped around Mazy a similar way he would have when she was younger.

"Let go of me!" She squirmed out of his arms.

"I'm cool, I'm cool. Hey hey," Hangman got out of grip a little chuckle escaping his lips, "He's not cut out for this mission. I'd rather Phoenix and Storm as my wing women."

"That is enough." Mav had enough of this. Phoenix grabbed Storm to keep her from going at Hangman's throat.

"You know I'm right," Hangman looked at Mav and took a step towards Rooster.

"You're all dismissed." Mav breathed out he didn't know how to respond or what to do. Hangman left. Phoenix, Storm, and Rooster hanging behind.

It was just the three left in the classroom. Phoenix looked at the two, "Mazy why didn't you tell me." Phoenix breathed out.

"It's not something I'm proud of," Storm looked down Rooster wrapped an arm around her protectively, "My dad wasn't emotionally present when I was growing up either. My mom died when I was young and I've pretty much spent my whole life hopping around military bases. Once I graduated I left when he wasn't home without notice."

"I'm really sorry," Phoenix hugged her.

"I love you Nat," Mazy rubbed her back.

"I love you too," Phoenix sighed and opened her arm up for Rooster. He sighed and joined their hug.

"We love you too Bradley." Phoenix giggled. Bradley chuckled lightly and kissed Mazy's head.

    "Hangman is such a prick." Mazy groaned as she came out of the attached bathroom to the bedroom.

"I know," Bradley looked up from his phone. He was sitting on the bed against the head board.

"My dad called me a few times but I don't wanna answer him." Mazy sighed and dropped her towel opening one of Bradley's drawers and pulling out a shirt. She threw it on and a pair of lace panties. Bradley loved how comically large his clothes were on her.

"Let's just sleep it off darlin'" Rooster grabbed Mazy by her waist and pulled her into bed.