Chapter Two- Saturday

Começar do início

"Well, I said that I can do the chalkboard and you can just relax, since you've seemed so tired lately." He picked up the chalk and I walked over to him.

"No," I demanded as I grabbed the hand that was holding the piece of chalk. "You've done enough for me already." Yukito froze.

"Touya..." he whispered, but he didn't let go of the chalk, so I didn't let go of his hand. I gazed into Yukito's wide eyes. Say it.

"Yuki..." I murmured. "I..." The door slammed open.

"Hey, Touya!" I heard Akizuki exclaim. Akizuki?!

"Huh?" Akizuki said as she realized that Yukito and I were practically holding hands. "What are you two doing?"

Yukito finally let go of the piece of chalk and it fell to the floor, but I kept his hand gripped in mine.

I turned to Akizuki. "You're so pushy, you know that?" I huffed. "I've already told you! I don't like you, Akizuki, so leave Yuki and I alone. You've done nothing but bother us ever since you came here. I get you're just trying to be nice, or whatever, but I've had enough." Akizuki looked stunned, and her jaw dropped a tiny bit. Then Akizuki stuck out her chin.

"Whatever. I honestly never really liked you; I only wanted your magical powers," she barked, and she stomped out of the room. Yukito turned to me with an astonished look on his face.

"W-wow..." he stuttered. "Wasn't that a little... much?" A tiny amount of guilt gathered in my chest. Maybe that WAS a bit harsh...

"Sorry," I said. "She just kept bothering me so much. Then she started being rude to you for some reason, and I had just had enough!" A sigh escaped me. I realized I was still clutching Yukito's hand. I quickly let go of it, and Yukito let out a breath that he had apparently been holding.

"Sorry!" I exclaimed.

"It's fine," he smiled. "You were kind of squeezing my hand tightly, and it hurt a little bit. It's no big deal, though!" I hurt Yuki?!

"I hurt you?!"

"No! Not that much! It's fine, really!" reassured Yukito. I sighed as I bent over to pick up the piece of chalk, and I turned to the chalkboard.

"We need to get working," I said. Yukito nodded, and he grabbed a broom to start sweeping.

When we finished working, people started coming into the classroom. I sat down at my desk and Yukito sat at his. Soon, the teacher walked in, and class started.

The next few classes flew by, and before I knew it, it was lunchtime. When Yukito and I found a place to eat, he pulled out, like always, a gigantic lunch. I let out a sad sigh.

"What's wrong?" Yukito asked.

"Well..." I mumbled. "You know how Akizuki said that she didn't ever actually like me, that she only was nice to me to steal my powers?"

"Yes, what about it?"

I paused. "It just made me think... does anyone ACTUALLY like me? Or is it just my looks?"

"Touya...?" whispered Yukito.

"Does anyone actually have true feelings for me?" I continued. "Is my personality really THAT terrible?" I felt tears welling up in my eyes.