ℭ𝔞𝔭𝔲𝔱 𝔮𝔲𝔞𝔯𝔱𝔲𝔪

Start from the beginning

"Jeez, you get any better at this, you'll be taking home a whole pack," Xavier starts, gesturing at the stuffed pandas that hung by the sides of the tent.

"Pandas don't travel in pack. They prefer solitude," Wednesday answers without looking at him.

"Except for that one month a year," Kitty interjects and bumped her shoulder on Wednesday's softly.

"All right. Subtle hint taken." Xavier nodded but remained on the spot.

"You should know, we're waiting for someone," Wednesday informs. Xavier looks at the girl back and forth in confusion as he thought that they were together.

"Oh, who's the lucky guy?... or girl?" Xavier eyes Kitty who paid him no attention and continued to play with the darts, completely missing every balloon.

"Why does it matter to you?" Wednesday steps forward for a bit, covering Kitty slightly. Tyler then appears from the side, making Xavier stand straighter.

"Didn't mean to interrupt," Tyler looks at Kitty in confusion. The shorter girl shrugged, merely observing the two converse earlier.

"You're not," Xavier answers passive-aggressively before walking in between Wednesday and Tyler.

"Did he think that we?" Tyler asks, insinuating if Xavier thought that Tyler is there for a date with Wednesday.

"Meet me behind the parking lot when the fireworks start, I've got some dead weight to lose first," Wednesday instructed, Tyler nodded and took Kitty's hand before leaving.

Tyler and Kitty headed back to his car, Tyler saying he needed to retrieve something that Wednesday might want from his father. He had left Kitty's file in his room as he still needed to read through the notes.

Walking back, they continued to hold hands while Tyler had the file on the other side.

"So, tell me about yourself?" Kitty asks, her nose tingling from a peculiar scent emanating from Tyler.

"Well, I've lived in Jericho my whole life so I don't think I have anything exciting to share," Tyler laughs, "You, however, now... Any secret to spill?"

"Tough luck, pretty boy. You might have to wait for an answer, Glooms is here," She smirks as she looked at Wednesday walking towards them.

"Why do you call her Glooms?"

"Cause she's gloomy" She stated. Tyler chuckled and nodded in agreement.

"Hey, before you leave, I wanted you to have this." Tyler gave the file to Wednesday who look at it in confusion, "It's your dad's police file from when he was at Nevermore,"

"You okay, Glooms?" Kitty asks when Wednesday fell silent at the sight of the police file.

"I'm not used to people engaging with me," Wednesday said, "Most see me coming and cross the street,"

"You're not scary Wednesday, you're just kind of..." Kitty started, looking at Tyler for help in describing Wednesday in a positive manner.

"Kooky..." Tyler finished,

"I prefer Spooky," Wednesday tilted her head innocently, making the pair giggle at her disposition. "Now my train leaves in an hour. We're burning moonlight."