Brekky, Lunch, and Dinner

Start from the beginning

"May problema ba?" Kit asked,  aware of Leni's sudden change in mood.

Leni was brought back to reality. "Ha? Um wala naman. Medyo ano kasi um gutom na pala ako, nafeel ko na yung gutom saka gusto ko na ng ice cream."

Kit nodded. "Okay. Ano order mo, ako nalang oorder umupo ka na para hindi ka mapagod kakatayo."

"Chicken fingers nalang siguro." Leni said.

Kit nodded. "Okay, just wait for me there. Maupo ka na."

Leni nodded. She's really blessed to have Kit in her life especially right now. He's her break and pause from all the changes and negative things happening to her life. Everything he does for her makes her heart melt even the simplest things. But her heart also continues to ache upon the realization that they will never be together in this lifetime.

---

Charity knocked on Bongbong's office after seeing his visitor went out. "Boss, lunch na po." She handed him a black thermal insulation food lunch bag.

He frowned. "Saan 'to galing?"

"Padala po yan ni Ma'am Leni. Lunch nyo daw po." Charity informed him. She really appreciate Leni's efforts of making Bongbong food and checking up on him. "Pati nga po ako meron eh. Cute ni Ma'am Leni."

He doesn't seem to be impressed. "Not eating that though." He returned the lunch bag to Charity and went back to his office chair.

Charity was confused. "Bakit po? Masarap 'to boss promise. Naubos ko nga agad yung saakin. Saka tinatanong po ako ni Ma'am Leni kung kumain na daw po kayo."

He rolled his eyes. He doesn't have the time to be dramatic over lunch. "Edi kainin mo na yan, masarap pala eh."

Charity was startled a bit. She just went out of his office immediately without saying anything to her boss. She's used to him being grumpy almost all the time. "Haay! Habang tumatagal mas napapalapit na sya kay satanas." She whispered, going back to her seat. She decided to just consume Bongbong's supposed to be lunch. She also decided to share of the viand to the other staff.

"Try nyo 'to, sobrang sarap. Bicol express yan." Charity gave out the food container to her co-workers.

"Wow! Ms. Cha ang sarap naman nito. Ikaw nagluto?" Nicole commented.

Cha shook her head. "Nope. Padala lang yan ni Ma'am Leni. Yung asawa ni BBM. Sarap diba?"

Apple nodded. "Sobra, Ms. Cha. Ang flavorful nya kaya lang sobrang anghang."

Cha chuckled. "Yun nga eh. Alam nyo bicolana kasi si Ma'am kaya feeling nya siguro tama lang yung anghang. Syempre mas mataas ang tolerance nya sa anghang kesa saatin. Pero still, legit na bicol express diba?"

They nodded. "Sana palaging magpadala ng pagkain dito si Ma'am Leni. Hindi ko pa sya namemeet sa personal pero gusto ko na sya agad." Christian remarked, they all chuckled.

"Ay naku! Pag nakilala nyo sa personal yun si Ma'am Leni, mapapasabi kayo ng God is a woman." Cha exaggerated. "Sobrang ganda, sobrang bait, sobrang maasikaso, sobrang talino jusko lahat na. Kung ako si BBM talagang aasawahin ko yun, papakainin, luluhuran, lulutuan, susuklayan, susunduin, ihahatid, aasawahin ulit, ganon na level."

"Parang ibang-iba kay Atty. Liza." Kaye uttered.

Cha nodded. "Truths, Kaye! Bumingo ka! Ibang-iba sya kay Atty. Liza as in. Mas bet ko to si Ma'am Leni. Sa kanya talaga ang pusta ko."

---

Leni went home from the campus at around 7:30pm. Her last class for the sem was until 7:00pm, luckily the condo that she's now living is almost 15 minutes away. Less travel time for her especially that she's in her first trimester where she needed to be extra careful. She went straight to the kitchen after she brought down her stuff and started to make dinner. She wanted the dinner ready before Bongbong comes home so he wouldn't have to wait for it.

Hours passed by, it's already 10 in the evening but Bongbong wasn't home still. The dinner was ready at 8:30pm but he wasn't ther eyet. Leni sighed, she just wanted to be close to him but he's making it difficult for the both of them. She decided to eat without him because she's starving already. She just decided to left some food for him. 

It's already 11pm when Leni was awakened by the door opening. She apparently fell into sleep while waiting for him to arrive. She instantly got up the moment she realized it was Bongbong already.

"Kumain ka na ba? Nagluto ako ng dinner. Prepare ko lang yung table. Pasensya na nakatulog ako, I was actually waiting for you." Leni said. He just ignored her as if he didn't hear anything.

"Microwave ko lang yung sinigang para mainit yung sabaw." She said, following him in the kitchen.

He went straight to their fridge to get a can of sparkling water. He was still in his coat and black slacks.

"Bong, kain ka na—" She said but he was quick to reply.

"Kumain na ako." He said, coldly. Then, he left her at the kitchen going straight to his room. She just watched him walked away and locked his door. Her heart shuttered once again.

Ever since that night when he asked her to sign the contract he prepared, she convinced herself to work hard to earn his love and trust. She wanted to be a good wife to him and a good mom to their unborn child. She had this idea that when he finally get to know her better, he will not force her to divorce him or give him their child's custody. She's determined to change his mind regarding the matter, and she's going to work for it no matter how hard headed and mean he is. She just wanted her child to grow up with a complete and loving family. She believes that one day, he's going to love her too.

To be continued...

❤️💖