His car was faster, easier to drive and on that day, the best thing to happen.

Today too, after all the bewildering things to happen to him, Wei Ying...Wei Ying accepting him, all of him...it was the best thing in the world.

A light at the end of a long dark tunnel.

But all too soon, Wei Ying needed to breathe. They broke apart and Wei Ying gave him the naughtiest smile as his tongue came out to trace over his lip, where there should have been a cut...but there wasn't.

Lan Zhan stared at it, his tongue too, because Wei Ying was a picture of perfection sitting on his lap and exuding all that lovely warmth...but it bothered Lan Zhan that there was no cut.

"I'm sorry...I did not mean to-" Lan Zhan started saying, but Wei Ying covered his mouth with his own hand.

He shook his head too.

"No, Lan Zhan. One of the first things we're going to do, is the no apology rule. I forbid it. And it's because we're both learning about each other. I..tell me now if I'm being too forward...but you did kiss me back, right?" Wei Ying had been going to say something entirely different, but as the thoughts crashed into his kiss-dazed brain, he realised that he might be totally alone in feeling like this.

What if Lan Zhan did not take what they did as something serious?

What if...Lan Zhan was a playboy? He was good looking enough...

"Stop."

That one word put a halt on his spiralling thoughts.

Wei Ying looked down at Lan Zhan, into those stunning golden eyes. They were mesmerising, intense with something Wei Ying could not identify.

"Doubts?" Lan Zhan asked.

It was a guess because he was still learning.

But Wei Ying’s blood had changed from smelling like the most delicious taste in the world to something that was definitely...sour.

Wei Ying nodded but then the hurt in Lan Zhan’s eyes made him gasp.

"Not about me...not about kissing you." He hurried to clarify, not wanting to examine even to himself how much it hurt him, to see Lan Zhan hurt.

It was unthinkable.

"Then?" Lan Zhan asked, cautiously.

"Well...it's embarrassing to say." He admitted.

"Please?"

Yearning, bright, gold and intense swirled in those amber depths.

Wei Ying rested his forehead against Lan Zhan’s, closing his eyes.

"You're-so-good-looking-that-i'm-scared-about-us." It came out in a gush of air and worry.

"What about us?" Lan Zhan coaxed...his confusion deepening instead of dissipating.

"I mean..I just kind of attacked you...there was no discussion. I don't know how you feel about me..." Wei Ying was mortified.

It was one thing to have these kinds of thoughts in the privacy of your own mind, and another thing entirely to have to air them out loud whilst dying of embarrassment.

With a single long finger, pale and elegant, Lan Zhan raised his face so he could look into beautiful, captivating silver eyes. Entranced by how much he could see within those swirling mists, like smokey clouds battling against unmovable mountains, Lan Zhan could only stare back.

"I have never kissed anyone before." Lan Zhan said, as clearly as he could. "I have never found anyone I wanted to."

Disbelief was also a bad smell, Lan Zhan found out.