𝟭𝟯. smoke signal

Start from the beginning

     The girl had disappeared after their little adventure, and naturally, Agnes wanted to know what hell Wednesday Addams was up to now. She didn't expect to find her just outside the artist's little shed, looking like she'd just had an argument with someone about something. Wednesday gave her one last narrowed look before leaving.

    Agnes entered his shed, surprising the heck out of Xavier. "What was that about?"

    "Did you know?" He demanded, sounding genuinely upset for some reason.

    "What?" Agnes asked, furrowing her brows. Then she realized the drawings on the canvases around her plastered on the walls. Her heart raced. The familiar face of the monster was intricately sketched on the canvas with aggressive and heavy strokes. It was the same big eyes that haunted her when she closed her eyes. "Xavier..."

    "So what?" Xavier chuckled dryly. He threw his arms up in the air like he was frustrated, glancing around his terrifying artwork. "You think I'm the monster too? That I had been lying this whole time?"

   "Look, X━"

    "Just stop! You're just like... like Wednesday," Xavier yelled. He ran his fingers through his hair, looking like he might start crying at any moment. "Maybe you should stop hanging around her, and be around people who actually like you."

    "Likes me? Are you kidding me right now, Xavier? What does that even mean?" Agnes scoffed, shaking her head in disbelief. "You barely believed me when I told you there was something out there! And now I find out you're having visions of the same thing? You should've told me. Or is it because you don't trust me too?"

    "Agnes, I didn't mean━"

    "That's right, you didn't," Agnes snapped, briefly shutting her eyes from frustration "How could quickly assume that I am not on your side when all my life that's all I ever did? Be by your side." Her face hardened with some kind of sadness. "You weren't always in mine."

    Agnes was sitting on the windowsill with her legs dangling at the edge when her dorm room's door burst open. Stepped inside was someone she'd never expected inside her room. It was Wednesday Addams. And she didn't look particularly delighted at the mess of what Agnes called a safe haven.

    Other than the fact there were already a bunch of old rusting gasoline canisters on the floors, Agnes seemed like she found a new hobby of putting together random scraps to make any sort of an explosive device. The room smelled like it too. Like the stench of napalm and mechanical smoke coming from the strange devices scattered all over her floors.

    "What now?" Agnes said bluntly. After everything that happened today, she barely has the energy to have another spat with someone else. "Don't tell me you're pissed off too."

    "There is no plausible reason for me to be upset or 'pissed off' as I don't feel any sort of emotion towards you," Wednesday deadpanned. She crossed her arms, keeping a safe distance as she stood next to the doorway. "Eugene and I are going to stake out the cave and identify the monster. You will be useful if you would come with us willingly."

    "I feel like you're ordering me to come," Agnes muttered, putting her whole body inside the room again. She jumped off the windowsill and trudged towards her desk. "Why would I do that? I have to accompany Ajax to the dance anyway."

    "Because as much as it pains you to admit, you and I both know there is something more about that monster," Wednesday said too confidently that Agnes almost wanted to lie that she didn't care. "And you can't get enough of it unless you find out who it was. Whoever it may be."